Author Topic: Xtra numbers on TRIM TAG - HELP  (Read 4110 times)

hugger1

• View Profile
Xtra numbers on TRIM TAG - HELP
« on: May 03, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »
I have a 69 camaro and reviewing the trim tag , there are a set of letter/numbers that im not sure what they are and i cant find it in any of my books , any help would be apprecitated.

across topp is standard  - ST69 12437 Los xxxxxxx
                         trim  - 711         53 53 pnt
                         10D        ((( Y 0 9 3 )))
i understand all of it but the   (  Y093  )

can anyone tell me what that is for  ???

THANKS , JC

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Re: Xtra numbers on TRIM TAG - HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 05:36:39 PM »
It is the plant scheduling number
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 05:43:21 PM »
More information here...  http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#CowlTag

Paul

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 04:51:52 AM »
Kurt S
CRG

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »
Quicker...

Fisher Body body scheduling code:

The LOS (Los Angeles/Van Nuys) body scheduling code is a letter followed by one to three digits, e.g., F103. Based on data analysis (there is no GM documentation that describes this code, but the data is consistent across thousands of datapoints), CRG believes the code was used by LOS Fisher Body (and other plants that built multiple carlines) to aid in scheduling the body build order.

The letter indicates the approximate day of the month for the start of the assembly of the vehicle body. It is only an approximate date because it appears that the day on the tag was actually when the vehicle was being scheduled to be built. The actual start of production could vary by a few days.

The code began with letter "A" on the first day of the month of the Fisher production calendar, incremented at the start of each additional production day to the next alphabetic letter, and was reset to letter "A" at the start of the next production month. (Note that the Fisher production calendar is known to differ from the calendar month, and we also do not know exactly how the Fisher production calendar related to the Chevrolet monthly production reporting calendar.)

The one-to-three digit sequence number that follows the letter was reset to 1 at the start of each day and generally incremented serially with each body built by the factory as the day progressed. Due to scheduling requirements, this progression was not absolute and vehicles chould be built out of tag sequence. Data analysis indicates that the sequence number at the LOS plant was assigned regardless of model or body type. By this we mean that Camaros and full-size passenger cars both incremented the same sequence counter. The unit counter was reset to 1 the next day as the day-of-the-month code letter incremented to the next letter. In the example, F103 would indicate approximately the sixth day of production for a given month and about the 103rd body on that sixth day of production.

Paul

anything