Author Topic: new guy intro  (Read 10908 times)

daves87gn

• View Profile
new guy intro
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:12:21 PM »
Hello all

found this site last night was on till 3am reading lol, thought i would join and share my info, not sure if its in the data base... also looking for my long lost motor lol, from the info i got from the second owner original DZ was pulled in 73, original owner wanted to cut up car second owner said it was to nice and bought, and it sat for 26+ years

vin is 9n629667

TR 712             69 69 PNT
04(?)c              X77

Thanks
Dave
Dave, SoCal
1969 Camaro z/28 (x77) Cortez Silver, endura front bumper, deluxe black interior,Rosewood dash with no tach or console, m22, BV 4:10 rear

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
Re: new guy intro
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:39:10 PM »
Hey Dave. This is Gary. Welcome to CRG. So your Z is Cortez Silver as well as an X77. Mine is Cortez Silver too X33 69 B 06A. I know your interested in my spare block but I won't hold you to it if you find something closer to your build date. It's tough trying to locate parts or to convince others to sell their spare stuff, but what the hey, you gotta give it a shot. This site has loads of information and for the most part everyone here has a decent attitude. Really great people. Any questions you might have just ask. If you haven't checked out the 1969 Orphans forum do so. I check it as often as I can for anything related to my VIN.
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

daves87gn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »
Hey Gary,
Thanks, yea been stuck stocking your avatar pic lol, i checked the Orphans forum and found nothing, which is why i asked about your block, lost hope of finding the original block being it was pulled in the early 70 due to what the owner called issues... and finding a reasonably priced DZ block is no easy task, when people want 2500 for restamps, but would like an original DZ block back were it belongs.

my car was originally purchased in Connecticut and spent most of its life there until i bought it and had it shipped to CA, it supposedly only has 47k original miles, has the original deluxe interior with a 2" split on the seam on the drivers seat rest is pretty much perfect. 12 bolt 4.10 rear, was told it has the original m21 but it has zero stamps on it, but seems to have the correct casting numbers from what i can remember (been a while since i last looked) my Z has an enduro front bumper (which i think your does to but hard to tell from your pic) but mine has a black grill which from what im have read might be uncommon.  not sure how common it is but car came with deluxe interior with no console, dash clock, and no factory tach.

Thanks
Dave
Dave, SoCal
1969 Camaro z/28 (x77) Cortez Silver, endura front bumper, deluxe black interior,Rosewood dash with no tach or console, m22, BV 4:10 rear

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:59:18 AM »
Welcome to the site Dave!  Wish you luck finding a good date correct block for your car.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 04:09:57 AM »
Dave. These cars were built with so many combinations it's unreal. If you haven't found it yet Google 'TEAM CAMARO'. That is another decent website with lots going on there.

Unfortunately my car doesn't have an endura bumper. Did you click on the link at the bottom of my post from those links I PM'd you earlier about the block? That's Team Camaro. In my sig click on 'MY Z', it's in red, I have lots of pics of my unrestored work in progress.

So you are in California or no?
GaryC

daves87gn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:57 AM »
Welcome to the site Dave!  Wish you luck finding a good date correct block for your car.

thank you
Dave, SoCal

daves87gn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
Dave. These cars were built with so many combinations it's unreal. If you haven't found it yet Google 'TEAM CAMARO'. That is another decent website with lots going on there.

Unfortunately my car doesn't have an endura bumper. Did you click on the link at the bottom of my post from those links I PM'd you earlier about the block? That's Team Camaro. In my sig click on 'MY Z', it's in red, I have lots of pics of my unrestored work in progress.

Hey Gary,

im cortezz28dave over on team camaro (appropreate name dont you think, lol), join in 07, just dont post much. the z has been neglected until lately due to other projects

a 57 k mile 87 stage II grand national it, 19K mile 86 gn that i bought for $1200 as a "parts car" that was only missing the trans and right front fender but was taken apart to "restore" and never put back together, 79' shovelhead harley thats been in the family for 18 years that i got a few years back, and my big bear merc chopper that seems to need repair after every ride lol.

I did check the links you PMed me just never thought about clicking on the "My Z" till after i read your post you have a beautiful car but i maybe biased lol.

im still very interested in your block, but also waiting to hear back from a few others with closer build date, hope you dont mind not trying to lead you on.

i wanted a 69 camaro since high school, didnt care if it was a v6, was gonna build it my way a clone z in hugger with white strips, and hounds tooth, i finally got the OK from the wife (shes a gear head too and helps support my habits) to get one spent 2 year looking for something decent in my price range when all of the a sudden i found an ad 2 hours old for a "z28" spent 2hrs on the phone with seller and after about 30 pics bought the car sight unseen.  I fell in love with the car and color at first glance and now wouldnt have it any other way. just been collecting parts for when its time to go under the knife.

and yes to CA, i live just outside of Los Angeles, i have been reading a lot of your posts both here and on team, and got the answers to a lot of questions i had.  thank you for that

sorry for the long reply

Thanks
Dave
Dave, SoCal

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
I have always had an inquisitve mind. I think it's a curse, it never stops wanting to ask question. I have a 10 year old grandson that's the same way. I write things down on little scraps of paper and stuff them in a folder but he carries around a note book and carefully notes, time and date and where he is. It's scary.

Hey Gary,

im cortezz28dave over on team camaro (appropreate name dont you think, lol), join in 07, just dont post much. the z has been neglected until lately due to other projects

a 57 k mile 87 stage II grand national it, 19K mile 86 gn that i bought for $1200 as a "parts car" that was only missing the trans and right front fender but was taken apart to "restore" and never put back together, 79' shovelhead harley thats been in the family for 18 years that i got a few years back, and my big bear merc chopper that seems to need repair after every ride lol.

I did check the links you PMed me just never thought about clicking on the "My Z" till after i read your post you have a beautiful car but i maybe biased lol.

im still very interested in your block, but also waiting to hear back from a few others with closer build date, hope you dont mind not trying to lead you on.

i wanted a 69 camaro since high school, didnt care if it was a v6, was gonna build it my way a clone z in hugger with white strips, and hounds tooth, i finally got the OK from the wife (shes a gear head too and helps support my habits) to get one spent 2 year looking for something decent in my price range when all of the a sudden i found an ad 2 hours old for a "z28" spent 2hrs on the phone with seller and after about 30 pics bought the car sight unseen.  I fell in love with the car and color at first glance and now wouldnt have it any other way. just been collecting parts for when its time to go under the knife.

and yes to CA, i live just outside of Los Angeles, i have been reading a lot of your posts both here and on team, and got the answers to a lot of questions i had.  thank you for that

sorry for the long reply

Thanks
Dave
GaryC

daves87gn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »
I email CT DMV to see if i could get any history on my car, this is what they responded

Unfortunately, CT no longer has any record of the vehicle.
There are no title records because CT does not title vehicle's manufactured prior to 1981.
Also, there are no registration records. DMV retains vehicle registration records for a period of three years.  After such time, these records may be destroyed, as permitted by Connecticut State Law (Title 14 Sec. 14-10).
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for writing to the State of Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles. Most DMV information may be found on our website at http://www.ct.gov/dmv Please contact us again if you require further assistance. You may also contact us by telephone at: 1-860-263-5700.

Dave, SoCal

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »
This title law is loose in some states and tight in others. Some states require it and some don't, kind of confusing if you ask me. Here in Delaware it don't matter how old the vehicle is, you get a title and it has to be registered, and the killer is, it has to pass emissions if it came with it on it. I had to tag my Z antique just so I wouldn't have to take it thru inspection each year. Smog parts are MIA for my car. I had to jump thru hoops for it to pass too.

I bought a 68 Firebird 400 from a guy in Georgia, only had a bill of sale. When I went to title it in Delaware I had to get the guy I bought it from to get some form of paper work sent to Delaware DMV saying it that is was legal in Georgia and the guy really owned it.   
GaryC

daves87gn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 09:03:17 PM »
Hey Gary

yea went through the same thing here, CT has a title transfer section on back of registration, CA DMV had a note the 81 and older may or may not have title, well they said prove it, i call CT DMV while at CA DMV and handed her the phone, she asked about title and was told no title after 81 period, and that CA books were wrong.  DMV lady filled out statement of facts and had me fill one out to about the phone call and i got my title
Dave, SoCal

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »
You would think that this kind of thing would be standard procedure across the board for every state. Sometimes I think they get a sick pleasure watching people jump thru hoops. "Hey buddy, I think your car is stolen. I'll have to confiscate it until you prove it's ownership". In this day and age your guilty until proven innocent.
GaryC

daves87gn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 09:37:57 PM »
You would think that this kind of thing would be standard procedure across the board for every state. Sometimes I think they get a sick pleasure watching people jump thru hoops. "Hey buddy, I think your car is stolen. I'll have to confiscate it until you prove it's ownership". In this day and age your guilty until proven innocent.

yup, completely agree
Dave, SoCal

daves87gn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 11:33:57 PM »
Hey Gary,

your car have hood pins?

Mine did too, but holes were filled in when z was last repainted.
Dave, SoCal

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 01:59:35 AM »
Yeah, they were there when I bought the car, it's a GM hood too. I removed the pins and put a rubber cover over the holes and put the shields back on so water don't get into the hood there. I was thinking of using the hood pin kit that the 70 Chevelles use. I kind of like that look with the coated lanyards.
GaryC