Author Topic: my 69 Z being restored  (Read 64512 times)

lcmc

• View Profile
Re: my 69 Z being restored
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2013, 02:44:30 AM »
Produce a picture and end the discussion I cannot believe you owned something 40 years with no picture.This thread has gone to long with no outside proof from you. Move on the car is beautiful in any color. Darrell

Pictures have been shown and in my eyes proves his point. Plus the man knows what color he ordered. Some people are to bull headed to admit a mistake.
Danny
1969 Z/28 X77
1970 Nova L78 9300 original miles

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2013, 03:18:14 AM »
AND..  the bottom line is that it's coded 'special paint', so basically the original color was whatever color the original owner says it was...  :)  and if he wants to say it was painted up like a zebra with black and white stripes..    that might be true too.. for all anyone else knows... :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

motorman

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2013, 04:25:43 AM »
Produce a picture and end the discussion I cannot believe you owned something 40 years with no picture.This thread has gone to long with no outside proof from you. Move on the car is beautiful in any color. Darrell
i never owned a camera back then as i was into cars and engines not pictures. the pictures of me autocrossing the car when it was new were taken by someone else and given to me. i just got a cell phone that takes pictures last week. pictures are way down on my list of things i want. i just bought a used digital camera several year ago from john hinkley.
new Camaros owned 68 and 69 Z-28. new Corvettes owned 59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99 02,05 and 08. retired race engine builder, former NASCAR tech inspector

jims69

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »
You know,  after reading this thread for awhile now...not that my opinion counts for anything other than myself.  It is a fantastic looking car!  People who have lived with these cars and know them inside out,  they are to be respected.  Then on the other hand,  the original owner, who knows what he ordered and has owned, he is to be respected too.  From my own experience its frustrating to have bought my car when 18 years old,  then someone tells me "that's not original to  your car, or that is wrong."   Mine is a late 69, so I tell myself that is why.    I will say this is amazing site, with wonderful people devoted to an amazing car, and be thankful for that.

motorman

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »
You know,  after reading this thread for awhile now...not that my opinion counts for anything other than myself.  It is a fantastic looking car!  People who have lived with these cars and know them inside out,  they are to be respected.  Then on the other hand,  the original owner, who knows what he ordered and has owned, he is to be respected too.  From my own experience its frustrating to have bought my car when 18 years old,  then someone tells me "that's not original to  your car, or that is wrong."   Mine is a late 69, so I tell myself that is why.    I will say this is amazing site, with wonderful people devoted to an amazing car, and be thankful for that.
they don't respect you when you are a threat to their making $$$$.
new Camaros owned 68 and 69 Z-28. new Corvettes owned 59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99 02,05 and 08. retired race engine builder, former NASCAR tech inspector

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2013, 03:46:38 PM »
Clem I've followed this thread all the way thru. You just struck a nerve. It sounds like you have a problem with somebody other than this site or the CRG. I have never been ask for one damn dime and although I have tried to donate to help keep this site up and running I've always been turned down. Seems you are preaching to the choir my friend. You brought this argument to the wrong place. I couldn't care less if your damn car was Turkey Turd Tan. Get a grip and a life. Go argue with the one you have a beef with. NOT the people that are here to share and learn about one of the greatest muscle cars ever built.  If you have nothing constructive to add get your toys and go home.

Sincerely,
Daniel Wysner

P.S. Respect is earned and never bought. You don't have enough money to have my respect after this little debacle. Reputations are a dime a dozen and can be lost a hell of a lot faster than earned. Be careful of who you step on when your going up cause you might meet them on YOUR way DOWN.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »
Gentlemen, this is going nowhere and becoming personal. Clem, I understand your frustration, but if you have an issue with Jerry or Bill, please take it to them directly. Vendor bashing is not allowed on this site.

In closing, no matter what has been discussed, there's been no documentation either way on what the original color of this car was, so until such proof is produced, I see no reason to continue the bickering back and forth. We've decided to lock this topic, but if documentation can be supplied, we'll open it back up again.

Ed
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:05:05 PM by Ed Bertrand »

anything