Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Jerry Lagod Trans-Am Camaro

(1/9) > >>

Jon Mello:
Here are some current day photos of Jerry Lagod's Trans-Am Camaro. Jerry bought the car new and it was a butternut yellow '68 Z/28 that
was never driven on the street and got turned into a race car right from day one. The car was damaged at Meadowdale in 1970. It was raining
during the race and the car left the track and damaged the frame and the bodywork. The car got repaired but was reskinned as a '69 model
and painted white. It raced in 11 Trans-Am races in the '72 and earlier era and went on to race in SCCA GT-1 before getting retired in 1986.

More pics to come...

Jon Mello:
Engine compartment photos. The front subframe is still able to be unbolted for removal, if necessary.
I've been told that the engine currently in the car is using the original 302 block that came in it when new.

69Z28-RS:
that engine compartment looks a lot 'newer' than 1988 fresh....?   Looks like it would be a good car to take 'vintage racing'..  :) ..  for some fun!

Jon Mello:
It does generally appear fresher than 25 years old but I'm just passing along what I've been told second-hand. Here are more photos...

1968RSZ28:
Cool car, Jon.  Do you know if the hood louvers are functional?

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page