CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2015, 08:24:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
112290 Posts in 12900 Topics by 4936 Members
Latest Member: Rallyred
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Model Specific Discussions
| |-+  Trans-Am Camaros
| | |-+  New "Muscle Car" digital magazine available
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: New "Muscle Car" digital magazine available  (Read 1284 times)
Steve Holmes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 07:53:18 PM »

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed that. These sorts of photos always interest me. There is a period that old race cars go through, whereby they're no longer competitive as front-line race cars, yet they're also not old enough to have gained historic significance. As a result, they don't have a lot of value.

This is the period where they're at their most vulnerable. Some are cut up and modified beyond recognition to stay competitive, some are pushed out into the elements, to sit in a field and battle the elements, while some are scrapped altogether. But some manage to survive, relatively unscathed, either through being parked up and stored somewhere until they appreciate, or through being fortunate enough to have a series of owners who, for whatever reason, retain them at the level they were originally built. Thats the case with this car. It changed hands approx every two years from 1968 through to when Tom McIntyre bought it in the 1980s, and somehow survived that period in amazing original condition.

Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 10:21:36 PM »

Definitely a great story that this car was fortunate enough to lead pretty much a charmed existence throughout its life. Too bad this is the exception rather than the rule.

Jon Mello
CRG
BULLITT65

BULLITT65
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 11:30:33 PM »

ok I downloaded it on my macbook, I just can't figure out how to open it. Can it only be opened on a iPad for some reason?

1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear) please
Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV
Steve Holmes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 11:36:56 PM »

Definitely a great story that this car was fortunate enough to lead pretty much a charmed existence throughout its life. Too bad this is the exception rather than the rule.

Ain't that the truth!

Steve Holmes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 11:37:35 PM »

ok I downloaded it on my macbook, I just can't figure out how to open it. Can it only be opened on a iPad for some reason?

Um, good question. I will check on that one and come back to you.

Steve Holmes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 11:43:57 PM »

Tom sent me several images to go with the article on his Penske Camaro, some of which I didn't include for various reasons, such as, the quality was not good, or the photographer wasn't known. One such was this cool pic of the Camaro on the back of the Penske transporter which I wanted to share with you guys. You might know who the photographer is Jon if you've seen this one before?

BULLITT65

BULLITT65
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 11:55:10 PM »

Great pic. Any other images that didn't make it in?

Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 11:03:51 PM »

Sorry Steve, I don't recall seeing the picture before so I can't help out with the photographer's name. Definitely a neat shot. It looks like it was taken at Bridgehampton.

Jon Mello
CRG
Steve Holmes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 11:13:20 PM »

Thanks Jon, yes I agree 're Bridgehampton.

Steve Holmes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 11:16:03 PM »

ok, I checked 're the MacBook, sounds like it's some sort of apple laptop? Anyway, you should hopefully be able to view the mag with that device when our laptop/desktop version is available, which will hopefully be next week, all going well.

BULLITT65

BULLITT65
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 11:27:24 PM »

ok, let me know if I need to download it again, or if there is additional software to download to open it.
thanks for looking into it. I am sure you will have Apple users who would like to view the content, so this will help your customer base to access your content no matter the OS. (operating system)

Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: