CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 11:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104613 Posts in 12241 Topics by 4719 Members
Latest Member: Baconcks
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Property Tax Rate Schedule
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print
Author Topic: Property Tax Rate Schedule  (Read 3791 times)
XP836

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:23 AM »

Year of manufacture...YOM...

Eddie
        thanks Eddie..couldn`t get around Red Robin in my mind....YUMMMMMM
lcmc

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 10:50:09 AM »

Not much of a change but I got lucky and found 3 tags that start with my initials  TW. I'm having the one below
changed from an 8 to a 3.

Before you go to all the trouble changing it you better check with DMV and make sure you can modify the tag and that the number isn't already registered

Danny
1969 Z/28 X77
1970 Nova L78 9300 original miles
1968 Z28

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »

Before you go to all the trouble changing it you better check with DMV and make sure you can modify the tag and that the number isn't already registered
Good advice....In Texas you have to use original plates and it has to be checked with their records to see if it is in current use.  Just last week, I re-registered my 1968 Camaro and instead of using their antique plate I registered a set of 1968 YOM plates. They had to check them to see if they were in use by someone else before I could use them.  They also had to be in good readable condition.

Jerry G.

Z28-1968-07C-Norwood
Ermine White, Red Std. Interior
2 Owner, 38,000 miles
67rs/ss396

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 12:44:23 PM »

No worries you don't have to register the yom tag you use, you just have to keep the antique tag they issue you
in the car.
  And besides, there's not a policeman here that will right me a ticket, and if there is, there's not a judge that
will convict me of it.  Wink

67 rs/ss L48 w/headrest org.37k
67 rs/ss L35 w/headrest project
67 rs/ss L35 w/smog org 78k
67 rs/ss L78 O-O -L201C
68 rs/vert L89
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »

No worries you don't have to register the yom tag you use, you just have to keep the antique tag they issue you
in the car.
  And besides, there's not a policeman here that will right me a ticket, and if there is, there's not a judge that
will convict me of it.  Wink

He's right about YOM tags in NC. But I'd still like a lower tax rate.  Grin
So, 67RS/SS396, how long have you been in the witness protection program?  Cool

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA (and restoring a 40 Buick Special for it)
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »

In NC, property tax on automobiles is figured by "book rate' in each county.  If an effort to find more tax value, some counties have been using inflated values on classic cars.   Shocked Shocked Shocked
Our state legislature has recently passed a bill that gives us quite a bit of relief.  The gist of it is that if the car is registed with the state DMV and issued an antique car tag, then the value will be $500 or less.  Grin Grin Grin
 How are taxes figured on your Camaro in other states?  Huh Huh Huh
Got my bill on the 68...  I have the car registered in a rural county, where they use a value that is only about ten percent of true current value on antique cars. If I understand this new legislation correctly, it would reduce my bill down to about four dollars.  Grin

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA (and restoring a 40 Buick Special for it)
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: