CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 07:40:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105014 Posts in 12267 Topics by 4728 Members
Latest Member: MartySS
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  69 Camaro power steering
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 69 Camaro power steering  (Read 2124 times)
waynechipman

View Profile Email
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:37:53 AM »

I have a 69 Camaro it has the original power steering box. I have three different mounting brackets for the power steering pump. Were there any differences between small block brackets for the pump. And is there anywhere I can get an exploded picture of the bracket setup for the pump. Help on this one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 10:25:49 AM »

All small-block power steering setups used the same brackets - shown in detail in Section N40 in the Assembly Manual.  Smiley

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
waynechipman

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 02:25:14 PM »

Thank You
67RSSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

Is it normal for the pump bracket to flex a little? Ive been getting a little belt squeel but then noticed that the whole pump flexes some.  I took it apart to check for cracks, and none found.  Any ideas??
cib12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 03:58:17 PM »

from my old garage tech memory- most GM products had a rear bracket on the rear of the ps pump--this bracket then was bolted on to one of the motor mount bolts( a bolt that holds the mount to the block.  with out this bracket the pump was not stable-I fixed a lot of these in the 70s & 80s  when the motor we put in under trees.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: