I have spent this winter nursing a broken leg, reading posts and looking at other peoples cars. I think it's time to get mine back on the road. I have an azure turquoise (55/55) purchased in 1982 from the 2nd owner. I drove the car for one summer and garaged it. I opted to drive my 1970.5 Rally Sport as my daily driver (I'm glad I did because the RS got well used) I purchased the 70.5 from the original owner and added paint, custom stripes and later high back buckets. I sold the RS in 89 to pay for honeymoon expenses.
Anyway my 69 has been garaged through the raising of 3 kids and I am now hoping to give some of my attention to the car.
I have been asked to post pics of the car but it is in primer waiting for a repaint (repaint, new headliner and detail/clean up) I will not do a complete restoration as the car retains the original carpet, seats, door panels etc. I think original with a little wear is better than replacing parts w/ reproduction stuff.
I am posting pics of the original hood because I love the colour (put the cowl stuff on over 30 years ago and will be putting the flat hood back) I just have not been able to make myself take sand paper to the original paint on the hood.
And just for fun I am posting pics of my 70.5 I heard it was totaled after I sold it (for $3500 in 1989)
Here is some info Re my 69Z
• Azure Turquoise w/ Black Stripes
• Flat Hood
• Factory Front and Rear Spoiler
• Style Trim Package
• Ivory Standard Interior
• AM/FM Push Button Radio (original front and rear speaker)
• Console w/Gauges
• Clock,7K Tach,
• Tilt Column w/ Rosewood Wheel (wear but no cracks)
• Endura Bumper (original)
• I have the protect-o-plate documenting it is an original DZ car w/ Holley carb and the car has the original vin numbered 302 and M-20 (never checked the rear end #. The car was built in Jan 1969 and has the correct dated original DZ carb and 411 posi