CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 03:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97557 Posts in 11721 Topics by 4582 Members
Latest Member: gplus
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  Window Crank Questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Window Crank Questions  (Read 451 times)
69-er

View Profile Email
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »

I have a few questions concerning the front window cranks on a 68 Firebird with a black custom interior.  I did a search and the responses were all over the place, so I'm hoping another try will help.  I'm hoping the Camaro and Firebird were the same in this area.

1.  Are the cranks different (more arch) on the custom door panels compared to the standard panels?  I was hoping someone could provide pics of cranks that are known to be original/correct of the two interiors.
2.  What color should the knobs be?
3.  I've seen window crank springs in catalogs.  Do they go over or under the panels?  What's their purpose?

It seems like this would make a good research topic. 

Thanks everyone!

Larry
Everett#2390

^Jake

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »

1. No, same handle
2. Knobs should be the interior color, but service counter replacements were clear, and black, I think, until supply ran out.
3. Springs go between the panel and the door to keep the panel against the handle and with the plastiic shim behind the handle, keep out the drafts.

A flashlight is a case for dead batteries.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: