Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Smokey Yunick

<< < (21/30) > >>

group/7:
here's a piece from a paper ? they got Bruce McLarens first name wrong ! I found this on a French forum I frequent.

Mike (group/7)

Jon Mello:
At least they spelled his last name right!  Smokey got it wrong when he painted it on the car.

group/7:
good catch Jon, I've looked at that photo many times, and didn't spot it !  ::)

group/7:
here's a bit of a long winded story, I found, about Pete hamilton in what it says is an ex Yunick '68 Camaro ?

http://www.racefansforever.org/who-needs-brakes-pass-the-fried-chicken--well-see-you-in-court.html

Mike (group/7)

69Z28freak:

--- Quote from: Jon Mello on November 30, 2013, 10:27:10 PM ---Thanks, Mike.  I don't recall seeing a follow-up article with details on the second auction and I don't personally
know what was left to sell. If somebody else has a follow-up article or more details, feel free to fill us in. I think
that Tom McIntyre and Mark Mountanos from the Historic Trans-Am group got most or all of the MkII Mystery Motor
components from the first auction. David Tom also bought numerous items from Smokey's auction, including the
first '70-1/2 Camaro off the line from the Norwood plant, a 6-cylinder car that was used on the Milford Proving
Ground for development work before being sent to Smokey.

--- End quote ---

Any pictures of that car by chance?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page