Author Topic: 1968 Camaro U15 Speed Warning and Buzzer  (Read 3213 times)

jimboSS68

• View Profile
1968 Camaro U15 Speed Warning and Buzzer
« on: February 08, 2013, 08:23:42 PM »
I have a 68 Camaro with aftermarket U15 speed warning. Any ideas on how to run the two internal wires (tan and black colored INTERNAL to the instrument cluster and attached to the rear of the speedo). The black one I assume is ground, however the tan one that is attached to the speed warning gears and copper arm off of them is the one in question. I assume that is the wire that must send a signal to the relay.

I am already familiar with the Camaro assembly manual which gives an adequate representation of the instrument case externally mounted relay with the white and pink wires coming out of it. I understand that the pink wire goes to BAT on the fuse block and the white wire mounts on top of the instrument case externally. While the assembly manual covers these wires it does not show anything about the tan and black wires internal to the instrument cluster casing that come off the back of the speedo.

The last question I have is if the relay is also the buzzer, or is there a separate buzzer component as well. The assembly manual seems to indicate it is all in one (relay=buzzer). I already have a 1968 Corvette Speed Warning Relay, which appears to only differ in the angle of the mounting bracket (I assume it will work, but please correct me if I am in error).

Thanks.

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
Re: 1968 Camaro U15 Speed Warning and Buzzer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 10:51:36 AM »
U15 units are the same across the Chevy lines. The vette unit will annoy you just as much as the Camaro unit would. :)
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator