Author Topic: Musclecar and Corvette Nationals questions  (Read 4853 times)

maroman

• View Profile
Musclecar and Corvette Nationals questions
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:24:48 AM »
Was anyone at the MC and Corvette Nat'l show in Rosemont, Il.? I'm looking at the new Hemming's Musclecar magazine and am wondering about the blue '68 Z-28 pictured on page 42. Does anyone know this car? It's listed as being sold through Yenco. Is it LL teal blue? Thanks.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

elcamino72

• View Profile
    • More Information on Camaro Fraud
Re: Musclecar and Corvette Nationals questions
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »
I saw this car at the 2007 and 2008 All GM Nationals/Camaro Nationals in Carlisle.  Here are some pictures

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
Thanks ElCamino72, that is the car I'm wondering about. Is it the same one? I know it went to a new owner and was restored.

elcamino72

• View Profile
    • More Information on Camaro Fraud
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »
I don't know if its the same one or not.  This one didn't look like it needed "restored" as it presented very nicely from what I recall.

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 12:45:12 AM »
Was anyone at the MC and Corvette Nat'l show in Rosemont, Il.? I'm looking at the new Hemming's Musclecar magazine and am wondering about the blue '68 Z-28 pictured on page 42. Does anyone know this car? It's listed as being sold through Yenco. Is it LL teal blue? Thanks.

Yes, and was just completed a fresh over the top, accurate restoration by Brian & Joe at the SCW    http://www.yenko.net/super_car__workshop.htm
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 01:28:13 AM »

Yes, and was just completed a fresh over the top, accurate restoration by Brian & Joe at the SCW    http://www.yenko.net/super_car__workshop.htm

Steve do these guys have a website with a picture gallery? I'd love to see some of those cars that they have done.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »
As you see in Bryan's pics it was carrying a Senior badge from AACA at that time. I've only seen about 4 or 5 teal '68's including the BB from the GM heritage collection and a convertible from Michigan that shows in AACA. I wonder how many Z-28's were built in that color. I too would like to see more pics of this car after the restoration, if anyone has any or knows a site with them.

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »

Steve do these guys have a website with a picture gallery? I'd love to see some of those cars that they have done.

I believe the SCW has a ton of pictures of their restorations on facebook.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 03:50:05 AM »
  I saw a '68 Z/28 this color back in '94 at the USCC Nationals in Dearborn, Mi., supposedly had THE Prototype Crossram intake on it with plexiglass "fins' epoxied in the inside corners of the Intke manifold to solve the RAw fuel build up in the corners.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

anything