CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 08:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105662 Posts in 12338 Topics by 4753 Members
Latest Member: stpatrick
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Musclecar and Corvette Nationals questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Musclecar and Corvette Nationals questions  (Read 1091 times)
maroman

View Profile Email
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:24:48 PM »

Was anyone at the MC and Corvette Nat'l show in Rosemont, Il.? I'm looking at the new Hemming's Musclecar magazine and am wondering about the blue '68 Z-28 pictured on page 42. Does anyone know this car? It's listed as being sold through Yenco. Is it LL teal blue? Thanks.

Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new
elcamino72

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »

I saw this car at the 2007 and 2008 All GM Nationals/Camaro Nationals in Carlisle.  Here are some pictures

maroman

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »

Thanks ElCamino72, that is the car I'm wondering about. Is it the same one? I know it went to a new owner and was restored.

elcamino72

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »

I don't know if its the same one or not.  This one didn't look like it needed "restored" as it presented very nicely from what I recall.

paceme

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »

Was anyone at the MC and Corvette Nat'l show in Rosemont, Il.? I'm looking at the new Hemming's Musclecar magazine and am wondering about the blue '68 Z-28 pictured on page 42. Does anyone know this car? It's listed as being sold through Yenco. Is it LL teal blue? Thanks.

Yes, and was just completed a fresh over the top, accurate restoration by Brian & Joe at the SCW    http://www.yenko.net/super_car__workshop.htm

Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles. Website www.vintagecertification.com
tmodel66

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:28:13 PM »

Yes, and was just completed a fresh over the top, accurate restoration by Brian & Joe at the SCW    http://www.yenko.net/super_car__workshop.htm

Steve do these guys have a website with a picture gallery? I'd love to see some of those cars that they have done.

Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP
maroman

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 07:58:07 AM »

As you see in Bryan's pics it was carrying a Senior badge from AACA at that time. I've only seen about 4 or 5 teal '68's including the BB from the GM heritage collection and a convertible from Michigan that shows in AACA. I wonder how many Z-28's were built in that color. I too would like to see more pics of this car after the restoration, if anyone has any or knows a site with them.

paceme

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 10:08:43 AM »

Steve do these guys have a website with a picture gallery? I'd love to see some of those cars that they have done.

I believe the SCW has a ton of pictures of their restorations on facebook.

Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles. Website www.vintagecertification.com
MyRed67

SZZLN 67

michael-l.campbell@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »

I saw a '68 Z/28 this color back in '94 at the USCC Nationals in Dearborn, Mi., supposedly had THE Prototype Crossram intake on it with plexiglass "fins' epoxied in the inside corners of the Intke manifold to solve the RAw fuel build up in the corners.

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: