Author Topic: What supension parts to use  (Read 2837 times)

GI JOE

• View Profile
What supension parts to use
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:03:43 AM »
Hi everyone,

I hope I am not asking too many questions... I am just trying to get this done right the first time...

Anyways I hope this finds everyone doing well... everyone here at CRG has been helpful and I thank you all for the advice and help...

my question today is "What suspension parts to use and why?"

Should I use one type over another, one brand or manufacture, what pit falls to avoid, what to make sure is done, (i.e. type of coating, plating, bolts and procedures used, etc...)

...and if I am asking too many questions or not sharing enough info, or whatever...I can handle tough love so tell me straight up... that's the only way I can be sure I improve, do the right things, etc... 

once last thing, please let me know if you are looking for a part, some help or something... I want to be able to help my fellow Camaro buddies where I can... just helped a Camaro buddy move some cabinets into his place... an extra pair of hands goes along ways...so does an occasional get together for a beer or two..  :D

I am planning on keeping as much of the suspension as original as possible... but ball joints, bushings, etc...I expect will need replacing...

GIJOE

SFC GI JOE - Airborne Paratrooper
68- L-78, M22, BV
69- L-78, M22, BV, Conv

77thor

• View Profile
Re: What supension parts to use
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:44:35 PM »
Are you doing a concourse restoration? and looking to have the car judged on originality?
or are you just looking for quality parts?

Most folks will say that Moog makes the best quality steering/suspension parts,
although they may not always look factory original.
1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build
1977 Camaro, 350(LM1), M20, 10 Bolt Posi, Purchased New, (SOLD)

GI JOE

• View Profile
Re: What supension parts to use
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:58:51 AM »
I have been keeping with all parts restored as to exactly as OEM factory would have made it.

However, I see the benefits of new technology and if I can do both... just some wishful thinking I guess....
SFC GI JOE - Airborne Paratrooper
68- L-78, M22, BV
69- L-78, M22, BV, Conv