CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 10:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105760 Posts in 12346 Topics by 4757 Members
Latest Member: chelltab
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Model Specific Discussions
| |-+  Trans-Am Camaros
| | |-+  Hemmings Muscle Machine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hemmings Muscle Machine  (Read 902 times)
Hot302

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »

There's a great article in the new (Feb. Issue) of Hemmings Muscle Machine. It also has some interesting photos of early Camaros racing the Trans-Am series.

Rick
69 RS/Z28
No Stripes
Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:25:56 PM »

I got told about that particular magazine but don't have a subscription and so far have not been able to find it on a newsstand. Thanks for posting about it though. It will remind me to keep looking for it.

Jon Mello
CRG
maroman

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »

That has become a very good magazine, got mine yesterday. Jon, maybe you can shed some light on the Yenco '69 car in the article. It has vent windows and they guessed it had been rebodied from the '67 car. Is that what happened? Good to see the red Z-16 brought a good price at auction.

Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new
Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »

The Camaro, which was red in '69 and white in '70, was built by Randy Randazzo of New Jersey for Bob Grossman. It was never a Smokey Yunick car. It was built from some parts from a '67 and also a '68 but was reskinned to be a '69. I believe Yenko was primarily a co-driver of the car and brought the Marlbank sponsorship to it but the ownership was really by Grossman and Randazzo. That's my understanding anyway.

Jon Mello
CRG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: