Author Topic: 1967 Alan Green Camaro Trans-Am  (Read 331 times)

Starr

• View Profile
1967 Alan Green Camaro Trans-Am
« on: January 24, 2016, 02:43:20 AM »
Hi everybody,

My name is Guil Rosa and I build model cars in scale from kits. A few years ago I was looking online for inspiration for my next build and I found it at Historic Trans-Am home page. Among the amazing race cars there, I fell in love with the '67 Alan Green Camaro and since then I have been collecting reference pictures for my scale model project.

What I need specifically are pictures of the engine bay that shows the area of the radiator and attachment points of the rollcage on the chassis. I have some good pictures showing the engine and firewall but not the radiator from behind and the attachment points of the rollcage to the chassis in the engine bay.

I will greatly appreciate any and all help I can get from you.

Regards,

Guil

URL=http://s805.photobucket.com/user/CAM1908/media/1967%20Alan%20Green%20Camaro/15f0b7aa5002b0ffb79dc143da033544_zps2l4fnue0.jpg.html
Classic Plastic Model Car Club - Lowell, MA

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: 1967 Alan Green Camaro Trans-Am
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 03:56:40 AM »
Here ya go.  Sorry I cant help with photos for your research..

Darrell Cook
1967 LeMans Blue SS/RS L35 clone, fake or whatever you wanna call it.  Its not original.. 
1968 Rallye Green SS L78 - unrestored original
1968 Matador Red Z28

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 04:37:15 AM »
Welcome, Guil.

Here are some photos I took a few years ago. I hope you find them helpful.

Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 06:04:47 AM »
Just FYI, these two photos from Sebring show the main part of the stripes were repainted green but the outer pinstripe remained black.

Jon Mello
CRG

Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 11:48:51 PM »
Hi Darrell and Jon,

Thank you for reply. I need to figure out how to post pictures here, sorry.

Jon, those pictures will be of great help! Thank you very much for them.

So, looks like the race car doesn't have a battery installed in the engine bay like it's on the street Camaro. Instead, there are two small aluminum tanks. What are they? Water and oil tanks? They don't look like they are connected. It looks like the one closest to the radiator is the water expansion tank and the other one for oil? Does somebody knows?

Where the battery would be, inside the cabin or inside the trunk?

If somebody has any detail, information or even more pictures and would like to share, please, feel free to post them. Even a minimum detail can make a huge difference.

I'll keep you updated with my scale model project if you'll like.

Thanks again and have a nice week,

Guil

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 03:54:38 AM »
You're welcome Guil.  I'm sure we would enjoy seeing more pics of your progress.

The two expansion tanks next to the radiator are for water and for oil. You guessed correctly. The battery is in the trunk.

Here are some more pics that I took a few years back. When the car was first raced back in '67, the interior and under the hood were all black. Nowadays, much of it is painted gray.

Jon Mello
CRG

Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 12:29:01 AM »
Here are some more pics that I took a few years back. When the car was first raced back in '67, the interior and under the hood were all black. Nowadays, much of it is painted gray.

Now you hit me hard  :o  ;D I am using the '67 Camaro that's is racing at the Historic Trans-Am series as my reference and from the pictures I have, the interior looks like is painted the same off-white of the exterior. But now you are saying that the interior is grey as they are in your pictures.  :-\ I'll have to think about it, I'll need a very light shade of grey.

The picture that shows the dash will be of great help for me. In the pictures I have, the steering wheel is always in the way of some detail and I wasn't sure about them either. Now, thanks to your pictures again, I have a better understanding of it.

Many thanks,

Guil

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 02:39:44 AM »
Well, I guess I made your job just a little easier and yet harder at the same time. Quite the trick!
Jon Mello
CRG

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 03:01:33 AM »
The deal is always with 1 answer you wind up with 10 questions.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new