Author Topic: This Car Has "Wrong" Written All Over It.  (Read 11996 times)

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: This Car Has "Wrong" Written All Over It.
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »
I was sipping my coffee when I red this and damn near spit it out  :D

....done by Stevie Wonder with Harbor Freight stamps

Good one!

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »
Here's the response from "Adcock Brothers" on the Stevie Wonder car:

<<Thanks,
I didn't in anyway put that this car is correct. I didn't state matching numbers. I'm listing this for a friend. So I put all the pictures and numbers that I could find. I simply put what the car is. You can buy brand new FAKE ones for over $80,000 built brand new. Look at the ad again and tell me where it says REAL Z or Matching Numbers. Thanks Pal

- adcockbrothersinc >>
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
Looks like you got to him John. Shortly after you emailed him, he modified the ad!

***FOR ALL YOU REAL "Z" LOVERS: NO WHERE IN THIS AD DOES IT SAY THAT THIS IS THE EXACT WAY THIS CAME FROM THE FACTORY!!! IT DOES NOT SAY "NUMBERS MATCHING" OR REAL OR ANY OF THE SORTS!!! IT'S A BEAUTIFULLY BUILT CAMARO. PERIOD.

***FOR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THIS CAR VIA FORUM OR WHATEVER...PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND READ THE AD...THIS DOES NOT SAY "MATCHING NUMBERS"  CORRECT ANYWHERE. I LISTED ALL OF THE NUMBERS THAT WERE USED TO BUILD THE CAR!!!

It's a nice  looking car, but all the fake crap on it just kills the thing.

Ed

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »
I think since he starts off by calling it a Z , is the first mistake. With the fake tag, it probably wasn't. Call it what it is. I would sell my numbers matching real z for what he wants for that!
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »
 Despite what the ad now states....Below in itself is still misleading and would have gone unchallenged if John didn't call him out on it....I suspect the dealer doesn't realize its context is questionable.

***BLACK BOOKS CPI(CARS OF PARTICULAR INTEREST) BOOK-COLLECTIBLE VEHICLE VALUE GUIDE(AUGUST 2012 BOOK)....#2 CONDITION....PRICE OF $82,875.00!!!!!!           <----- This would give a subliminal perception to look at the car as a real Z sitting at this value. The wording above clearly is meant to cause the reader an inaccurate perception that he/she is looking at a real Z. I've seen many of these advertising methods on eBay when it comes to NOS  hoses with stampings. Read twice and you will see it is actually NOS hose but was stamped with the correct markings vs. an original hose with factory stamped markings.

***I JUST ADDED A COUPLE PICTURES OF THE STAMP ON THE FRONT OF THE BLOCK. AS YOU CAN SEE IT ENDS IN "DZ"!!  ......   <------ this by itself implies it is a true DZ block. Clearly deception to word it this way.

Good call John!

Mike

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 07:38:03 PM »
I sent an inquiry to the seller at 6AM on Dec. 16th.

He responded on the 18th as follows:
"I thought when I looked at this car that it wasn't a correct Z28 so therefore I didn't list REAL Z or Matching Numbers? It's just a nicely built Camaro"

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
I sent an inquiry to the seller at 6AM on Dec. 16th.

He responded on the 18th as follows:
"I thought when I looked at this car that it wasn't a correct Z28 so therefore I didn't list REAL Z or Matching Numbers? It's just a nicely built Camaro"

LOL.....after reading this, the term "plausible deniability"  popped into my head. :)

Mike

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »
"1969 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28 ROTISSERIE "NUT & BOLT" RESTORED...LESS THAN 600 MILES"

Above the first line of the ad. Explain to me the part about it not being listed as a real Z?.  Guess that's what "rotisserie" means. Now I know.

Jimmy V.
Jimmy V.

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 02:54:14 AM »
I notified by telephone this past Sunday an associate who knows the company as they are within 20 minutes from where I live and expressed just how bad the stamping was and the trim tag. That was in hope that they were not aware of the issues and changes would be made. Also sent a email via ebay to them Saturday evening stating a few of the major issues and was informed via email they knew on Tuesday morning stating "I had come to find out that this was the case so I didn't put in the ad that it was a fully correct car or matching numbers. It's too bad it was done right." Needless to say the car is a MESS...... On a light side, wonder who's book they were following to restore as I'm not using that one on our 68.....   :) 
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584