CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 06:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103603 Posts in 12178 Topics by 4697 Members
Latest Member: greygoose01
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  National Geographic magazine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: National Geographic magazine  (Read 848 times)
WayneinNZ

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »

This is a little off topic but can anyone here help out with a strange request?

I have a friend here in NZ that is 57 chev MAD.
He has just about anything you can think of that relates to the 57 Chev. There is memorabilia in just about every crevice in his garage.
Over a beer one day I brought this up in conversation with him and he told me that he was looking for the 1957 edition of National Geographic magazine.
Aparantly there is a write up and/or an article or adverticement or something covering the release of the 57 year model Chevs which he has been trying to locate for ages.
It has become an obsession with him I think. He is a top bloke and has helped me out plety of times with my Camaro so I would like to do something nice for him.
Can I impose on all you good people to help me find him a copy?
Could you please copy, link, repost on any other forums that you are members of?
Surely somewhere out there I can find him a copy?

Happy holidays everyone

Wayne
1968RSZ28

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »

Wayne,

Do you know the issue month he is looking for?

Paul
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 02:26:52 PM »

Chevrolet, Ford, Cadillac, Lincoln and Desoto were big advertisers in National Geographic in the fifties.
Sorry, I'm not a NG expert, but I do watch for Chevy stuff on the web.
Here's what I'm aware of from Chevrolet's "1 USA" ads in NG in 57.  There were ads in the Feb thru July issues --that I know of...
Had to reduce to post...

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA (and restoring a 40 Buick Special for it)
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
Ed Bertrand
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:31:36 PM »

Aparantly there is a write up and/or an article or adverticement or something covering the release of the 57 year model Chevs which he has been trying to locate for ages.

The 57 model year was released in August of 1956, so he should be looking in July, August or maybe September of 1956.

Ed
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:49:46 PM »

The 57 model year was released in August of 1956, so he should be looking in July, August or maybe September of 1956.

Ed

If it is an article your friend is looking for, Ed is probably right.
I don't think the 1 USA ads started until Dec of 1956... or at least I've never been able to find an ad prior to that in NG...

More:

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA (and restoring a 40 Buick Special for it)
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
restore-z28

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »

Here you go, on E-bay for $4. These are the ads but you can buy complete magazines.   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Ads-The-National-Geographic-Magazine-1957-Chevrolet-and-1957-Cadillac-/110988563297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d76f1361

Sonny

1969 Z28 Camaro
1970 Z28 Camaro

www.bccamaroclub.com
tom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 02:49:48 AM »

NG issued a set of DVD's of their first hundred years. Every issue including ads. If you can find acopy in a library, you can probably print what you need.

69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speedo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: