Author Topic: Vin on euro prodused camaros  (Read 12242 times)

dz302-jack

• View Profile
Vin on euro prodused camaros
« on: December 13, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Hi. I have started on my prosjekt of restoring my 67 conv. its an urly produktion car of sept 66 (Vin 106690) trim tag:
     09B                                  D
ST 67-12667 NOR             5949 BODY
Tr  742-Z                       C-2     PAINT
     D   2MG    3SK
     5Y
It has a Km speedometer, and is an orginal floor stick manual car!!!!! Trim tag says Powerglide!!!!
Any body ho can help. Is this a Euro prodused car? Thanks Jack     

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Vin on euro prodused camaros
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 05:08:34 PM »
Jack, can you post a picture of the trim tag? It sounds like your car was imported, but if it was assembled at a foreign plant, there should also be another tag on the car with additional information. HERE'S more info on what I'm talking about.

Also, the car may have been converted to a manual transmission at some point. What kind of transmission is it? If it's an original manual transmission car, it should be a Saginaw 3 or 4 speed. If it's anything else, it's been changed. Changing from an automatic to a manual transmission isn't that difficult and MANY cars have been converted over the years.

By the way, welcome to the site!

Ed

67 RS Ragtop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
Jack,

I also have an early production convertible (10B), with the custom interior, powerglide, power top, etc., much like yours (different color), but manufactured at LOS, for the US market. You will find this site invaluable when questions arise - feel free to PM myself if I can be of any technical assistance. Enjoy your restoration.

George.

dz302-jack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »
Hi Guys :)

Thanks for quick replys. The orginal power train is long gone. has a 350 and a M22 out of a 69. I think the car may have been a automatic car. because the brake/clutch pedals has stock rubber and the throttle is deluxe. But the opening in the floor is orginale for a manual.. It may have been a manual body used as a automatic car from the factory!!!? If it was prodused over here in early hours, the may not have hade all the right parts for the time beeing... or?? there is no second tag, but the tag has been removed an re attached. it may have been lost. I know it have been her in Scandinavia sins 1975. But was there an overseas production this urly?? The Km speedometer is probably from and oder car because it seem to be from a black interior car and resprayed red. I will take a few pictures and post for U guys.  Thanks.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 03:53:54 PM »
What's the complete VIN?
Since like it may have been imported, but in the early 70's.
Kurt S
CRG

dz302-jack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 03:13:40 PM »
Vin is:124677N106690

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 08:36:10 AM »
I'd say it was imported by a private individual after 67. Maybe left in Europe by a GI?
It would have had a powerglide originally.
Kurt S
CRG

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »
Jack will you post the VIN and assembly stamps off the 350 engine and M22 transmission so we can see if the car that it came out of is still around?
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

dz302-jack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
Hey Guys.....thanks for all the info. And Ed, I`l send U a photo of the tag by mail. in a few days.
Reguards Jack

dz302-jack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »
Hi. :) Here is the trim tag.

dz302-jack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »
And here is the car, nice driver condision. Un restord, just resprayed twice.  :) and smashed into a tree...... like 2002, and too day ready for restoring.  :)

jannes_z-28

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
From your writing it sound like the car was imported to Scandinavia in the 70's.

There were new '67 Camaros sold in Sweden in 1966-67 by GM Nordic, your speedometer could very well come from one of those cars. The cars sold in Sweden were made in Norwood and they didn't have any extra trimtags. Only difference from the US-sold cars is the 5O (like in five-oh) on the trimtag meaning "Seatbelt Delete". The American seatbelts were not approved in Sweden.

You could try to track your cars history with the car registry, you would be able to find copies of all papers back to when it was imported.

If you need any help with this you could contact me.

Jan

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
Do we know if this is even the correct trim tag for THIS car?? It has been removed and showing newer rivets for the install, and missing two others. So we KNOW it's been off. Right??....... Danny

dz302-jack

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »
Yes, it could be it whas importet in mid 70`s too Sweden, dere where a lot of used import of americam mushel cars then. I will tray too track it true: svensk bilproving. ( local registraytion offise in Sweden). bye the way it was imported to Norway in 2000, and it`s here I live.

I dont know if it is the right tag, I have touth alot about it, it`is time corect for the vin, it have the rigth color and options for what is on the car. ecsept for it have the factory floor for a 4 speed stick shift.... and we have camaros over here but not that many, so I think it is the one.

Bye the way it has the euro GM seat belts, but it is no clue :) coud be instaled layter.

jannes_z-28

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
If you have the Swedish Registration number it had when it was in Sweden you can find its owner history here:
http://www.svar.ra.se/ and go to the menuchoice "Fordon"

Enter the Registration number and you will get a list of all the transactions in the registry for this vehicle. You can't see the documents but you can order them for a small fee and they will post the copies to you. They have all the records from the very first registration and all owner changes.

Jan