Author Topic: Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Show Nov 17 & 18 in Chicago  (Read 15309 times)

NoYenko

• View Profile
Re: Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Show Nov 17 & 18 in Chicago
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
One More

yenkomark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
           My Yenko Stinger Canadian Prototype was a featured car and received 998 of a possible 1,000 pts in judging. A unique 1 of 1 car, with GM Canada history and paperwork signed by Don Yenko.

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 01:52:44 AM »
Well that is kind of what I mean. Nothing but Yenko's, COPO's, and 1/1 optioned cars as far as can see. Would a simple 396 Auto even get in the door?

George I agree yours is a good looking car too. Since they were made so close I think I would be cool to get them together again someday. If I remember correctly our VIN's are within 8k and could have been made on the same day.

Lenny

• 68 LeMans Blue Sport Coupe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »
Thanks Jimmy V....and 69Z28-RS
I didn't go to the show this year so I can't say for certain, but I would probably bet my last dollar that not all 550 cars  on display this year were never displayed there before. I also know one of the vendors well, him and his wife have been doing the shows, both Vettefest and Muscle Car for years. He said they were screwing the vendors around also, upping the prices for the spaces and giving them smaller spaces to deal with. He was contemplating not doing the show anymore also. Sounds to me like Bob A has gotten too big headed. Only my opinion...and you know "Opinions are like As-ho-es, everyone has one".
Lenny - Numbers Matching
Other Ride - -
62 Chevy "Biscayne"
2dr Post - BB

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 03:20:59 AM »
Well that is kind of what I mean. Nothing but Yenko's, COPO's, and 1/1 optioned cars as far as can see. Would a simple 396 Auto even get in the door?

George I agree yours is a good looking car too. Since they were made so close I think I would be cool to get them together again someday. If I remember correctly our VIN's are within 8k and could have been made on the same day.

I just want clarify what this show is all about. First this show is unique because every year we have new, unique and interesting showcases. Most of the pictures shown in this thread are of the Yenko tribute to Don on the 25 anniversary of his passing which accounted for 60 out of the 560 who participated. Another showcase was the Aero Warriors which accounted for another 50 or so cars. That leaves about 450 cars for the Trans Am Terror, Ford SnakePit, Class of 62 & 72, Corvettes and every make and model imaginable, from survivor cars, barnfind, protouring, concours restored and more.

Unfortunately we have limited space (yes 560 is limited because we include all brands) and can't accommodate every request for entry but Bob Ashton does a tremendous job making this by far the most exciting and unique muscle car show in the world. Not only does this attract cars nationally but internationally as well.

Regarding your question about entering our show the engine type or size is irrelevant, so of course you can apply for entry by contacting Bob or Vicki. Remember this is a national invitational event with limited space so it's best to contact Bob via email or phone early. Next year we are already planning some really interesting showcases.

I am one of the members/partners in the show and if I can assist in any way let me know and hope to see you there next year. I promise you won't regret going to this event.

Steve
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 06:23:41 PM »
OK thanks for the info. Like I said Chicago is on the other side of the country for me, that is why I wanted to ask before I considered entering. It looks like a great show regardless and I may just come as a spectator.

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 02:00:40 AM »
LOL...The statement about Bob getting a big head is pretty funny. You are talking about a guy that makes his own lunches on Power Tour. Bob is not big headed at all. Putting on a great show is what he lives for. He might have to say no to people at times but that is part of the business.  A vendor has to decide if the price he pays for his spot is worth it. Keep in mind this is not a outdoor show. The show is in a indoor heated building and alot more expensive to put on than a outdoor show.

Mickeystoys....I would suggest you come out to our show next year and see what we are all about. You don't have to bring your car. It is a big expense to ship a car across country yet we have cars come from all over the country. We think for the last few years we have gotten some of the best muscle from across the country all in one spot. Each year we have managed to show stuff that has never been seen, such as a huge row of ZL1's, 6 of the 8 Trans Am converts, 50 something Yenkos etc.

firstgenfever

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 01:46:57 AM »
This looks like a phenomenal show! I especially like that the cars are behind a barrier limiting the possibility of accidental contact. I know there are several cars that aren't shown for this exact reason.