Author Topic: status of permission from GM- regarding CRG shirts and hats  (Read 22045 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
status of permission from GM- regarding CRG shirts and hats
« on: December 04, 2012, 02:35:48 AM »
I have been getting personal messages asking where we are at with our progress of  CRG hat and T-shirt. The old topic got Locked, it seems things got a little heated over wether or not we should have a poll while we are waiting for permission.

68Steve has corresponded with GM-EMI and received the forms.  I believe by now he has submitted these forms. I talked to the woman from EMI and asked her for a lead time on such permission, and she said it usually took about a month, but considering the holiday this month it would probably be closer to 6 weeks.

I hope this helps everyone who wants to know the status, and I am sure Steve will update us when he has more information, as long as this topic doesn't get closed as well.
If for some reason it does get closed, feel free to contact me, this will help Steve out if he is not getting bombarded from many questions.

thanks guys!
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: status of permission from GM- regarding CRG shirts and hats
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 02:57:09 AM »
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 03:36:04 AM »
The form is a request for permission. It's on paper, so it's not an online thing and takes time for them to process. Sounds like EMI handle lots of such requests, so it's one in a pile.

Is there anything else that needs to be discussed about the designs and options? Especially about the hats - I haven't followed that at all.
Kurt S
CRG

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 04:45:22 AM »
I believe we agreed on the CRG red banner for the hats, (like Johns). I think it was a matter of color and flexfit Vs. adjustable back, which was going to voted on in a poll. Concerning the shirts, all the designs were submitted, and like the hats, ready to be voted on in a poll.

If anyone has any other input for a shirt or hat design that hasn't previously been discussed, and you would like to put forth an idea (or better yet an image) please do so, and be ready for some constructive criticism from your friends here ...haha.

I think after having the last month to discuss it all, we are pretty much just waiting on the ok, from "the group" to go ahead with poll to start narrowing down designs for each.

IZRSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:35:22 PM »
Kurt - Newbie here...what about this?;

B65 & Steve have the GM licensing issue well in hand.

Let me Post this on the "Official CRG Cap & T-shirt" thread.

"Disregard everything that has taken place before this post. Unless you are really board and have nothing better to do…

All of the entries for both the T-shirt designs & Cap styles have been submitted. The polls for both will run for three (3) weeks beginning on 12/08/12, and ending on 12/28/12.

I will post the winners online on 12/29/12 for two days (ending on 12/31/12). During that time I will need to know the following:

T-shirt; Do we consider using the “Camaro Script” as part of the design (if it applies), and does the print color & font selection work? Once this input is had, the design will be submitted to Barbara. I think by then she will know what the majority’s consensus is. And we should give her full reign to put her magic to work. Once she has a sample for viewing either Steve or I will post her rendition online. It will be at this time that the Core Group and the core group alone will give their final recommendations.

Cap; determine the size of the CRG logo in front of the cap. I personally feel the logo on John’s cap for example is too large. However, I think it had to be that size so the “Camaro Research Group” beneath the “CRG” is legible. This is something the cap company can help us with.

The other question as it pertains to the cap; do we want to include CRG’s website as well? I personally think yes. And I think it should be placed on the back of the cap. In the case of a cap that fastens, just above the opening. As for a flex fit cap, same general area just above the liner. And just like with the tee, non-core members will give their input but the final decision will be that of the Core".

Marty

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:54:10 PM by IZRSSS »

IZRSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »
...T-shirts Backs;
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:55:14 PM by IZRSSS »

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
Amazing......

IZRSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 02:53:49 PM »
...T-shirt Fronts;

IZRSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 02:55:55 PM »
...and Caps;

tom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »
A 7 Navy
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
o

IZRSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 04:32:47 PM »
Since we're already campaigning..........B 7 Navy - 3  :)

camaro jock

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:26 PM »
Welcome back Newbie it did'nt take you long to get back in the groove. Darrell

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
Amazing......
Exactly. We're going to schedule the poll again without GM approval in hand? After that last thread?
Sorry, hate to have to do it, but now banned.
Kurt S
CRG

tom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »
Kurt, All,
I have understand GM approval has been requested, and will take time to process.
Can I request now that if GM approval is granted, will you lift the ban at that time?
Patiently hoping for a t-shirt.....
tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
o

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 07:24:13 PM »
I started this topic just to keep the lines of communication open for members who are interested in getting a shirt or hat, or wanted to voice their input if they hadn't already.

Kurt I believe there is some frustration by our members here because after 25 pages of the last thread you never addressed WHY we are unable to vote on a design and keep the ball rolling here. Your response of "the group" wanting permission first, really doesn't answer this.

I think a better explanation or more detailed answer would have gone a long way.Banning someone just because you have the power to do so may not be the best corse of action to curb members who are trying to get answers. It is a sure fire way to kill enthusiasm and support for a great website.

Lets try to look at the bigger picture here, we are all on the same team, and want the best for the hobby of following this great Car. Communication remains the key for us all to work together.
Everyone here just needs to pull up their big girl panties and work together please.

thanks

anything