Author Topic: Temp sensor  (Read 29718 times)

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
Re: Temp sensor
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 05:32:43 AM »
I am guessing you are asking me.
Yes, my car came with tach and center fuel gauge.  No console.  Also had bright trim around pedals and standard black interior.
Also has tinted windows and is for sure a ducted hood car from the factory.
Manual steering (although I had power steering on it last time I drove it).  But still have the original box.

I THINK but don't know for sure that the only rosewood was the on the bottom of the gauge cluster at headlight, wiper switches and radio controls.

No paperwork.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »
Very cool, sounds very similar to mine. I am guessing it is a X-77 car. What color is the exterior? What condition was it in when you got it?post a pic if you have one please.
I don't want to hijack your thread, you can PM me the info if you want. TY
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
Temp sender / old Z pics
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 02:20:13 AM »
Don't mind a bit.

X77 car.

10 10 paint

Standard black interior.

Radio was mia, so not sure what it had.  Probably AM only, but I am putting an AM/FM (not stereo) in it.  In fact, I just installed it yesterday.

Car was a week away from heading to the Fairgounds dirt track to be a "late model" roundy rounder when my brother talked the guy out of it in 1975.  He was only 15, in way over his head and very discouraged less then a year later.  So... I swapped him the Opel version of a muscle car, a 1970 Opel Ralley (mini-brute if you are old enough to remember the commercials).

He got the better end of the deal by 1976 standards perhaps.  In the long run, I have no regrets.

First pic is when he drug it home with the engine out.  Ducted hood and rear spoiler are already mia.   I do know it was a ducted hood car.  Had the correct throttle rod, had the hole above the fuse block for the extra harness, and I know who stole the air cleaner assy out of the trunk and sold it for $20!
I will post a second pic in the next post (file size issues) It is the mini brute I traded for it.

He totaled the Opel a few months later, so I probably saved the black Z from the crusher.

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 02:23:54 AM »
Here you go:

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »
ok here is a car a buddy in Colorado just picked up, 43k mile L65 4spd dover white over red std. X44 03E.
Original paint unrestored one owner car, he has the original belts in the trunk.
Original plug wires with the mid wire separator (made of unobtainium) still in place 
It has no gauges, see the connector, I will get him to take a few detailed pics of the connector and sending unit.

James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 07:32:23 PM »
Ok I understand the trade of the Opel for the Camaro, BUT you didn't mention the boat! that changes everything! I'll have to rethink that deal.

Seriously though what does the Camaro look like now?

Never mind the Camaro, WHAT DOES THE BOAT LOOK LIKE NOW?????? (sorry couldn't resist)

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 01:00:38 AM »
Boat is long gone.  The boat was his first one (has probably bought a hundred since, or if he hasn't then there are at least a hundred between him and one of my other brothers), so it wasn't part of the deal.

As for what the Camaro looks like right now... well, you do know that on another thread I was getting info to cut the shifter hole in the correct place, and aksing about carpet underlayment placement, so... it is under construction.  Got the hole cut yesterday.  Car now has the gauge cluster, speedo cable, dash, firewall pad, heater set up, headliner, side glass and weatherstrip installed.   Probably a few other things done, but moving slowly.

Most of the paint is done.  Most of my pics are way too big to post.  Here is one pic of the hood showing my wife's reflection.  I painted it with black lacquer (yes, I know, I am nuts).  Mind you, this paint has not yet been cut and buffed, so the orange peel is probably coming out.   I have debated whether to leave the orange peel and just have it buffed.
Still pretty glossy for unbuffed lacquer.  Right now the hood is in the guest bedroom along with a few hundred other parts.

I have posted a few pics of other parts over on the Yenko site.

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 06:44:24 PM »
Back on topic.  I have an original sensor (no gauges) and have replaced the green wire in the harness.  Replaced the whole wire as I don't like connectios buried in the harness.  Left it a little long on purpose.  I also have the correct terminal and connector, but haven't attached them yet, nor have I installed the heat sleeve.

Two questions:
1. I have the green wire exiting the harness at the correct place.  How long is the wire from the harness to the connector?
2.  How much of that wire is covered in the heat sleeve? or put another way, how long is the original heat sleeve?  Seems I remember it covering almost the entire wire once the wire "leaves" the main harness.

Thanks for all the help, especially from you guys with original cars.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 08:00:44 PM »
I have the original sleeve on mine but it is a bit shorter than the full length, some of it looks to be frayed from age. Sorry wish I could be more help

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 11:57:36 PM »
Don't apologize.  I just appreciate any help.  BTW, your dimensions helped me get my shifter hole cut finally.

And... how long is the wire from the main harness to the terminal.  I am guessing about 22 to 24 inches.

Lynn

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:22 AM »
Lynn, I have a 68 but here is what I have.  About 12" of mine sticks out of the cloth covered part at the junction in the harness.  It is a little short but all I had to go on was the picture in the AIM when I re-wrapped the harness.  Obviously more of the cloth is under the harness so I can't tell you how long the cloth part is but it is longer than the 12".
68Z28

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 12:56:05 AM »
I just remembered that my alternator is on the other side than yours so above will not be helpful.
68Z28

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 04:23:22 AM »
ok here is a car a buddy in Colorado just picked up, 43k mile L65 4spd dover white over red std. X44 03E.
Original paint unrestored one owner car, he has the original belts in the trunk.
Original plug wires with the mid wire separator (made of unobtainium) still in place 
It has no gauges, see the connector, I will get him to take a few detailed pics of the connector and sending unit.

James and Dave.  Would really like to see the detail pics.  Is the female connector a 90 degree black rubber?  It is a pin type connector, right, and not the nail head or spade?

rszmjt

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 02:49:10 AM »
What is the correct coolant temp sensor for 69 Camaro V-8 w/o gauge package. Pin or spade connector? Pictures? Thanks, Steve.

My 06A RSZ28 came with no consol and a center Fuel Guage, it has the Original GM assembly Line Installed Pin connector type sender ( like Ed Posted) and the plastic connector is off white.

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 03:02:03 AM »
Can you post a pic of your plastic connector?

Also, some say the sender was always brass, but others say some were not.  Which is yours?

Thanks

What is the correct coolant temp sensor for 69 Camaro V-8 w/o gauge package. Pin or spade connector? Pictures? Thanks, Steve.

My 06A RSZ28 came with no consol and a center Fuel Guage, it has the Original GM assembly Line Installed Pin connector type sender ( like Ed Posted) and the plastic connector is off white.

anything