Author Topic: Street T/A  (Read 46324 times)

Pickle

• View Profile
Re: Street T/A
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »
Cuda48

Just looked over your website...what an AWESOME opportunity you have created for your kids!  Outstanding!
Loud Pipes Save Lives

cuda48

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 12:57:15 AM »
Thanks John,
We're working on a 55' Ford truck that will look like the So-cal Speed shop push truck when done.  Even I'm excited about that one.  We are also fixing up a single axle trailer to pull our Model T Ford racer behind it! The kids really take an interest when we build something special so that's what we do.  I need to find time to update the website.  Are you still going to sell your Camaro?

Mike

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 02:57:44 AM »

1109RWHP

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 04:31:50 AM »
You must be a member to see it. :'(

Pickle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 05:32:48 PM »
Thanks John,
We're working on a 55' Ford truck that will look like the So-cal Speed shop push truck when done.  Even I'm excited about that one.  We are also fixing up a single axle trailer to pull our Model T Ford racer behind it! The kids really take an interest when we build something special so that's what we do.  I need to find time to update the website.  Are you still going to sell your Camaro?

Mike

AMC has a forum...wow, this new interweb thing has everything!

My Camaro isn't officially for sale but...  There was a few guys looking at it last year that might still be interested but I don't have any real desire to sell it, I'll likely enter her in Sonoma and Monterey.

Loud Pipes Save Lives

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 05:36:56 AM »
This is a '67 Z-28 that I owned that I bought from the original owner. Really a neat car. Original paint, original drivetrain, original interior
and lots of original paperwork (sales invoice, window sticker, protect-o-plate, etc). The original owner raced motorcycles and told me he
bought this car with the intent to make it a road racer. He checked off all the right options when ordering it. It is an authentic factory header
and cowl plenum air cleaner car with radio delete and heater delete. It had the J56 heavy duty brakes, 4.10 posi, 61 amp alternator, and heavy
duty battery. It also had the very rare shoulder belts and was ordered with headrest seats but the factory screwed up and put standard lowback
seats in it. The cowl tag shows the code for the headrest seats but the dealership gave him a credit. The goofy thing is the headrests came in
the trunk or back seat but were never installed because there was no slot in the seats to put them into. It was a very unique color combination
of Mountain Green with black stripes and gold interior. It's not eveybody's cup of tea but I liked it. I don't know that you would call this a
"Street T/A" car but it was ordered new with all the right stuff. The car never did go road racing but did win many a street drag race back in the day.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:05:51 AM by Jon Mello »
Jon Mello
CRG

1109RWHP

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 01:14:45 AM »
That realliy is a nice car! I love the original unrestored cars the most. My friend has a 67 Z/28 that has super low miles becuase it was drag raced from new then sat apart most of it's life. White with black vinyl top. Original paint and interior. It is a302 car. His wife has a citrus green 70 Z/28 with 33,000 on it all original. Another friend just bought a 70 Z/28 that is a copper/brown color that has 30k on it too. Was repainted once but mostly original.I am still suprised no one on here has  built a Mark Donohue clone.

OG69Z

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 01:45:14 AM »
That's a great looking 67 Jon!  I always have preferred the unusual colors. The Mountain Green exterior probably prevented quite a few tickets in its day.
I hope she is still around in good hands.
Thanks for sharing the story and photos.

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 04:02:59 AM »
Great pictures Jon... Mountain Green is one of my favorite colors for 67. I'm torn between that and Madeira Maroon.  As for a Donohue T/A street clone, there is one that I see every year at the Coronado Historic races that is painted like it. Never took a picture of it though. It's always in the car corral.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »
Thanks for the compliments on the green car. It is still owned by the person I sold it to and in good hands. I would enjoy seeing any photos of that white with black top '67 Z, if that's possible. I'm not sure I know of the car. Fred, Madeira Maroon is very rare on a '67 Z. There are only three known examples in the '67 Z-28 Registry. I have one of the two known "street" Z-28s in that color (just another project at the moment) and the other was raced in Trans-Am by Dick Young.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:36:23 PM by Jon Mello »
Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 02:40:52 AM »
I'm sure some Ford guys will find this amusing but this is the original dealership for my old green Z-28. It even had a dealer emblem on the taillight panel that said that on it.
Jon Mello
CRG

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 03:32:31 AM »
Ironic...

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 03:35:55 AM »
I probably should also have mentioned that the car I see in Coronado is a 69 T/A clone.

ZBM 100

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 04:48:30 AM »
I like the T/A look here is my car not a full on T/A clone but I like it.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »
Thanks for posting. Cool photo from above like that. Tell us more about the car. Is that original paint? How about the wheels? it's kind of hard to tell for sure. Are they standard American Torq-thrusts or the Torq-thrust "D"? The backs almost look like the American 200S "Daisy" mags.
Jon Mello
CRG