Author Topic: Instrument Panel Light  (Read 3555 times)

IZRSSS

Instrument Panel Light
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:18:34 AM »
Can someone tell me where in the AIM (if any) I can find a good illustration of the “Heater-A/C-Defrost light”? The only one I can find is on AIM C60 E4 and this one is pretty much useless when it comes to the exact location of the blub. Also, is the lens green, the light green or is there a green filament of some sort over the bulb?

And last, how difficult is this bulb to get to? I have this humongous radio in the way, etc, etc...

Thanks guys!

tmodel66

• View Profile
Re: Instrument Panel Light
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:47:16 AM »
UPC 1 M 5  and UPC 12 B It has a little green cover type deal that goes over the hole where the bulb shines thru. Like the red and green on the turn signals and idiot lights. Also it's a pain to change and please keep plenty of band-aids handy so you won't bleed all over the console and carpet.  ;D
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

IZRSSS

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 02:27:53 AM »
keep plenty of band-aids handy so you won't bleed all over the console and carpet.  ;D

I heard that...so I guess there aren't any tricks of the trade to change that puppy out. And I guess the dad-gum radio has to come out or can a guy get to it from the ashtray? The AIM you gave me (thanks) shows the light going in at the bottom right hand side.

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 02:34:37 AM »
After you get it loose I think you can reach thru and change it thru the hole where it mounts.  Just be careful and push it back out of the way then reach thru the hole.. Seems I remember doing that. If not yeah go thru the ash tray.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP