Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 176090 times)

IZRSSS

Re: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2012, 01:59:26 AM »
Hey Daniel - Please let us know if this looks okay to you.

Thanks!

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=10223.0

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2012, 02:15:33 AM »
Looks good to me with the exception of the back of the flex fit being omitted. I don't think they have a hole in the back and I also think the rubbery/elastic headband will be all wrinkled up in a wad. Just so people will know what they are getting they need to see all the features. 
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2012, 02:30:33 AM »
Actually the flex fit hats I have, the headbands are not wrinkled up in a wad, they actually collapse neatly to fold inside the front like my other hats. I guess it depends on how you store your hat Daniel. Remember most guys fitted hat sizes are between 6 7/8- 7 1/2 or so. The band on the hat is "flexible" to account for this range. It is not like a rubberband and curls up into a ball when you take it off. Just wanted to clear this up.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2012, 02:33:14 AM »
I'm thinking for simplicity sake, maybe this should be a one shot deal. Place your order by a set date if you want one.  If you miss the date, there might be an option to repeat the process next year.

Steve, would you wife be able to add a name (crg handle) to the front of the shirts for an extra fee, or would this complicate things too much?

Agree, once per year would work or us.  As for adding a CRG handle to the shirt......it really does make it more complicated and much more expensive too.

Steve

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 30, 2012, 02:45:32 AM »
Actually the flex fit hats I have, the headbands are not wrinkled up in a wad, they actually collapse neatly to fold inside the front like my other hats. I guess it depends on how you store your hat Daniel. Remember most guys fitted hat sizes are between 6 7/8- 7 1/2 or so. The band on the hat is "flexible" to account for this range. It is not like a rubberband and curls up into a ball when you take it off. Just wanted to clear this up.

OK this sounds better. The only one I had was a big wad on the back that looked like a knot where the elastic was drawn up. I don't think I have saw one like you are talking about. Even better to post a picture if you can get one and let Marty add it.
Daniel  

IZRSSS

« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2012, 02:53:37 AM »
Daniel - I checked on line and I could not find a back view of the Flexfit cap. But I'd be happy to add it to the list if someone can get me a link.

Marty

IZRSSS

« Reply #351 on: November 30, 2012, 03:27:12 AM »
Referencing the back design, http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=10225.0:
It sounds like #8 is an option with any design (thanks Steve) so that should be changed.

How about something like this for #8 in lieu of your edit? Or...your idea is fine.

IZRSSS

« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2012, 09:12:01 AM »
If you miss the date, there might be an option to repeat the process next year.

I disagree and here's why; there is one member in particular that stuck with us and supported us even though his ideas were shot down time and time again. His efforts alone lite a fire under all the right people when it counted; licensing issues (Thanks BULLITT65). Sure I think it would be great to revisit this process again in the future, but before we do; what about addressing other member's needs instead our own?

The main reason B65’s ideas were shot down is because they didn't appeal to the masses (us old guys). Well guess what; either we begin taking a serious look at the younger generation's ideas or CRG’s future could be in jeopardy. Instead of making a repeat of this same cap & t-shirt design next year I propose we begin a whole new design; a design that is spearheaded by the younger CRG members. My guess is some sort of a CRG Cap & T-shirt “Retro” design.

My point is; no reorders of any kind should be considered until this next phase is addressed.

Marty

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2012, 09:24:39 AM »
I nominate Marty to do the t-shirt and hat renderings and images next year...hahaha

How do you like that for appreciation?

I have enjoyed this website and its members from the first day I became a member. I am just 1 of over 4000 members, and look forward to next years ideas knowing that the trademark portion of this project won't be a speed bump.
 I think Steve and Marty have done a fine job for our site, and I think our final design of the shirt and hat will represent this website well, no matter which design is chosen.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

IZRSSS

« Reply #354 on: November 30, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »
I nominate Marty to do the t-shirt and hat renderings and images next year...hahah

Nope - my wife has already threatened to throw me out of the house on this go-round!

How's this;

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #355 on: November 30, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
If you miss the date, there might be an option to repeat the process next year.

I disagree and here's why; there is one member in particular that stuck with us and supported us even though his ideas were shot down time and time again. His efforts alone lite a fire under all the right people when it counted; licensing issues (Thanks BULLITT65). Sure I think it would be great to revisit this process again in the future, but before we do; what about addressing other member's needs instead our own?

The main reason B65’s ideas were shot down is because they didn't appeal to the masses (us old guys). Well guess what; either we begin taking a serious look at the younger generation's ideas or CRG’s future could be in jeopardy. Instead of making a repeat of this same cap & t-shirt design next year I propose we begin a whole new design; a design that is spearheaded by the younger CRG members. My guess is some sort of a CRG Cap & T-shirt “Retro” design.

My point is; no reorders of any kind should be considered until this next phase is addressed.

Marty

Marty that is what I was thinking. Not to repeat the design once a year, but to redesign once a year, or as appropriate. Orders must be placed by a specific date. If you miss the date, maybe there will be an opportunity next year, maybe not. Maybe the choice will be the same, maybe not. If you want one order it by the deadline. Then one run of hats and shirts can be paid for, processed, shipped, and then it is done.

Just one old guys opinion
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

IZRSSS

« Reply #356 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:52 AM »
Tom – glad you’re on board with this same idea and yes; I must have misunderstood.

Your comments are precisely what will be discussed once a T-shirt & Cap are selected. This is part of the “Shipment & Payment” discussion I outlined.

Marty

HOT3O2

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2012, 01:23:41 AM »
I have quite a few flex fit hats and the back doesn't look any different than the back of a fitted baseball cap. The whole head band in the hat is elastic. Here are some pics.

Rick
Rick
69 RS/Z28

IZRSSS

« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2012, 07:19:15 AM »
Here is the final list of entries for the "Official CRG Cap" voting poll. Thanks to all who participated!

Marty

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »
Rick that cap is different from what I had seen in a flex fit. These solid caps will be H O T and the mesh does breathe a little and not as hot.  As with any of the caps I was looking at the mesh back simply because I would wear it mostly in summer time at car shows and cruise-ins.
Daniel