Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 176106 times)

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« Reply #315 on: November 27, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »
Trademark infringement and nominative use needs to be researched. If it's being suggested, or can be at all inferred that GM is endorsing and affiliating itself with CRG then there could be a problem. Same applies to any business or organization.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:44:10 PM by Sauron327 »

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 27, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »
I found the proper GM contact.  Will send email to her stating what we are wanting to do.  Stay tuned.

Steve

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 27, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
is it someone at GM EMI ?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »
65, check your pm.

Steve

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
I had gotten as far as finding that it probably was EMI, but I referred B65 to the GM Heritage Center - they'll know a specific contact.

The license will be / should be general. It's not for a given design, but to be able to use trademarked images/words in a respectful design.
Phillip had found this, http://www.corvettesnccc.org/Minutes/gmtrademarks.pdf, which is useful as an outline.

>I'd also suggest using the time to agree what's going to be in the back-of-the-shirt poll.
To clarify, none of this is changing any of the design options. You can keep the poll the same if you want, but when the poll was started, there were several comments about what included as options. Specifically, Tom noted that 5 6 7 & 9 are almost the same.  All 4 might get a lot of votes, more together than other options, but none might win. Also, a blank back was mentioned.
If it would help, I could bring back the back-of-shirt poll so the design of the ballot could be discussed.

Kurt S
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »
I believe BULLITT65 has the issue with GM well in hand & I also believe Steve is assisting as well. Thanks for taking the lead on this Guy's!

Below are the 10 pics from Poll #2. I believe Tom's choice is #6; is this correct Tom?

And to be fair to those of you who voted for, or intended to vote for 5, 7, or 9; do you agree there should only be one choice? And should this choice be #6?

A blank back tee pic will be included in Poll #2.

Thanks Kurt!

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
I have a special interest in making sure my wife receives permission from "GM licensing" to print the shirts if she is selected to print them.  I am certain she will want direct approval.  If approval is given to someone else then it probably will not be sufficient coverage for her.

Steve

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
I think the approval we are seeking is to give CRG the permission to use Chevrolet Camaro to include all forms of the Trademark, emblems, logos, vehicle body designs/shapes. We would then contract with you and your wife. Does this sound right Kurt?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

IZRSSS

« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
Below is the latest list of caps selected by CRG members to be voted on as the “Official CRG Cap”. If your cap is not part of this list…please get me the following information for your cap; Company name, website, & Cap ID#.

Deadline for this information has been extended to coincide with the T-shirts. At this point ~1week.

Thanks,

Marty

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2012, 11:54:26 PM »
Of , 6 7 & 9 I prefer 9. That said only one of these should be in the poll it really doesn't matter which to me. I also don't understand the logic of having to vote for all 3 categories or my vote wont be counted. I almost never wear hats, so why should I have to vote for a hat or my vote for a shirt won't count? That's like if you don't vote for a mayor, your vote for president won't count.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 28, 2012, 12:20:37 AM »
Tom

I think what Marty is indicating is the need to vote for a design for the front, back, and color of the shirt.  We need to know your preference for each in order to get the most popular combination.  The hat is separate from the 3 votes needed for the shirts.

Steve

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 28, 2012, 12:37:06 AM »
 As for the shirt designs they were submitted by members. It's what was ask for not something made up out of the blue. Tom every vote counts. If you vote for a front and not a back that just means you don't care to vote on the back but your vote for the front still counts. And Steve already stated you don't have to vote nor buy a cap if you don't want one.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

adjudimo

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 28, 2012, 02:51:02 AM »
Thanks Marty for adding #6 cap to the poll. Just to let all other members know this hat was found at www.capwholesalers.com. The number for it is 6277. The reason I submitted this hat was due to all the many sizes available:

Y-youth size 6 1/2" to 7"

XS  6 5/8" to 7 1/8"

S/M  6 3/4" to 7 1/4"

L/XL  7 1/8" to 7 5/8"

XL/XXL  7 3/8" to 8"

PT  one for the ladies that is labeled PT for proper pony-tail cutout area and it comes in sizes 6 3/4" to 7 1/4"

Other than that they have alot more to look at and I also liked #6560 because it is a 5 panel cap ( no stitch or seam down the front middle ) and would look good with a patch sewn on.

Again, Thanks
J.R.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 28, 2012, 08:11:15 AM »
I think the approval we are seeking is to give CRG the permission to use Chevrolet Camaro to include all forms of the Trademark, emblems, logos, vehicle body designs/shapes. We would then contract with you and your wife. Does this sound right Kurt?
Yup. If CRG has permission, then that means whoever does the work is covered. We're the ones responsible, not the print shop who fulfils the order.
Kurt S
CRG

67rs/ss396

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 28, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »
I understand the concerns about the gm approval but why not just use the current site logo it's been used for years. We are simply wanting to put the same logo
on a shirt and hat.  (I also believe in the KISS method). My only request would be for XLT shirts. I'm not much of a hat person but i definitely like everything  about
the original hat that John has and would order at least 2.
 So come on guys I really want to see this happen so let's keep it simple and to the point. Point being I am a proud member of :

67 rs/ss L48 w/headrest org.37k
67 rs/ss L35 w/headrest project
67 rs/ss L35 w/smog org 78k
67 rs/ss L78 O-O -L201C
68 rs/vert L89

anything