Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 176704 times)

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2012, 03:43:19 PM »
Marty, she knows the business.....that's for sure and you don't get the "big guys" jobs unless you do quality work.  The problem is she is so busy with school........in addition to instructing she is a program head for her department and there is very little time during the school year to do any printing.  She might agree to do this during the summer (spring really). Do folks want to wait a few months?   Heat press is good option.  Will be comparable to screen print and can be less cost.  She doesn't do embroidery.  If she would agree to do the shirts (I need to ask when she gets home tonight) she might do close to cost since it is for us,  if we ask real nice.  I think she can do paypal now.  If not could get it set up.  As for shipping she has handled that individually.  I know she ships UPS for one time large orders to one place not sure how she handles one shirt to a single address ( will ask her).  She is a licensed business here in Virginia and has been printing since the early 80's.  I'm not sure how efficient and cost effective it is for some company to print the shits and send to someone else for distribution.  I would think the printing company would need to be both the shipper/distributor to keep costs down.

Question:  are we spinning our wheels here?  Is "management" seriously considering an  approval to move forward?  Rich, Kurt what are your thoughts on all this?

Steve

IZRSSS

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »
Steve - The company names you mentioned earlier certainly got my attention. I didn’t mention anything at the time because all I saw were $$$ signs. If those companies are satisfied with your wife’s work then I am certain everyone here would welcome her into this venture with open arms!!!

I don’t think the caps would not be an issue because Custumink has already agreed to waive the shipping costs & these can be shipped directly to you.

As for waiting a few months I can only speak for myself but this might be a blessing in disguise. It would give CRG more time to iron out the details and we more time to nail down a design.

BTW, Count me in on “the ask real” nice part. You just say the word!  :) :) :)

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2012, 05:21:25 PM »
OK.  I will let you know how she feels about taking on the job.  You can make some $ on screening but it is a very competitive business.  Those big named guys really make you jump through a bunch of hoops and they closely examine a sample product before giving you  permission to proceed.  I understand why because it represents the company in so many ways.......quality being right up there.  That's one reason she double prints and uses top of the line tees.

I'm not clear on which design Custunink quoted but design definitely drives the price.  Will Custumink not ship hats to individuals?

Steve
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:41:06 PM by Steve68 »

IZRSSS

« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »
I sent Custumink an email and will let you know on the hats. If for some reason they can't meet our needs, Daniel (Tmodel66) has offered his services.

Here is the T-shirt/design they quoted me on (which was before we started exploring new designs);

Thanks!

IZRSSS

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »
Custumink does not ship to individuals. Here's their response;

Hi Marty,

Thank you for the fast response.  At this time we don't offer shipments to direct individuals, we can only ship to one location.

If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know, I'll be happy to help you.

Have a great day!

adjudimo

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2012, 11:32:04 PM »
I agree with Marty. Waiting until spring might give the ultimate decision makers time to work out their options and requirements concerning all of this. We don't need to rush into this half cocked and impatient just to sport a cap and shirt. I am only expressing my opinion here and hope others will continue to do so. I have several shirts, caps that represent my love of these ole cars, including a few I custom ordered from www.themastersgarage.com and they nailed the look of my '67 SS/RS 396 right down to the brand of tires I have on it. For those of you that want a shirt with your car on it, they offer custom shirts and will work with you through e-mails showing designs they render and will make changes to it if you need to change things up. However, they will only be willing to do this so many times before they ask for additional fees; so make your dicisions as early as possible to avoid the charges. They will also add wording such as Marty's Garage or whatever. Sorry Marty, just had to have your presence on another shirt :-) The Hanes shirts are really nice shirts and you can get them pre-shrunked cotton, which is very important.
J.R.

IZRSSS

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 12:53:34 AM »
Thanks J.R. ! Any other opinions on waiting until spring or perhaps anything else that's been discussed so far?

If anyone has more ideas for designs please do not hesitate to hone in. Even if it means taking one design and altering it to your liking.

This might help keep track so none of the designs get lost in the mix (please let me know if I missed any);

IZRSSS

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2012, 12:55:18 AM »
...Sample T-shirts continued;

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2012, 01:48:52 AM »
I asked real nice and the wife said that if we could wait until school is out (spring) and depending on the design she will do this for us.  Without getting into the details, as she did with me, this stuff can be very time consuming and complicated.  She is willing to help us out but would perfer to avoid running into technical problem......like multiple layers of ink going over each other.  Complicated designs can be a real pain in the......well you know.  ;D. Bottom line, the more simple the design the better.  I suggest a decision on the design, approval from CRG, and then see what the cost comes to.  She indicated that given the design chosen that it might be possible to also put it on golf shirts if anyone was interested.

Steve

IZRSSS

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2012, 02:44:50 AM »
Steve – Based on the samples above, which ones would you consider simple? Please let us know so that future designs are kept within these same (simple) guidelines.

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2012, 02:51:48 AM »
My vote is for 4 or 5, nothing on the back. If they don't know what CRG is it doesn't really matter does it? 
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2012, 10:19:55 AM »
Please don´t forget all of us that live in the real world outside US and A and also want to buy theese items! :)
...thinkin about shippin, tax etc ...
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

IZRSSS

« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
My vote is for 4 or 5, nothing on the back. If they don't know what CRG is it doesn't really matter does it?  

I think the size of the CRG logo is what sells this design. It’s simple, professional, and to the point. I like this design a lot but my only concern is maintaining the logo’s size and the integrity of the words “Camaro Research Group”. I think the meaning of CRG is important if you think in terms of marketing…CRG’s business card. My guess is it will be about the size of the logo in the upper right hand corner of this page and be very hard to read from 2' and beyond (~1 1/4" X 11/16" on my screen @ 125% zoom).

If my printer wasn't down I'd copy several sizes of the logo to see what the smallest is we can get away with...can someone help us out with this one? I think the words should be visible from a minimum of 3 to 4'. Sorry...the worst thing is having First Gen guy's designing shirts...details, details, details... :)

Just another 2 cents...

Thanks Doug!

Please don´t forget all of us that live in the real world outside US and A and also want to buy these items! :)
...thinkin about shippin, tax etc ...

Does anyone know what the cost would be for shipping these over seas?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:14:58 PM by IZRSSS »

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »
Steve – Based on the samples above, which ones would you consider simple? Please let us know so that future designs are kept within these same (simple) guidelines.

Sure, I will ask my wife to take a good look at the samples and then relay which ones to you.  Will be sometime this evening.  I will attempt to see if an approximate overseas shipping cost (this changes all the time) can be determined.  Will you guys over there give me a zip code to work with?

Steve
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:03:49 PM by Steve68 »

IZRSSS

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2012, 01:58:15 PM »
Steve - Thanks for checking into these!

anything