Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 175673 times)

IZRSSS

Re: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2012, 10:13:50 PM »
Guys – There have been several concerns regarding multiple colors. All prices below (explained in reply #31; I should have posted sample pics instead of links) were quoted for a buckle back hat/cap with an embroidered logo. The T-shirt quote is based on the most elaborate of the bunch; Sample 1. So unless I’m missing something these prices are actually pretty good. My point is that it seems like were leaning more and more towards a less is more approach (try saying that fast 3x after a cool Bud) for the T-shirts so the prices can only go down from here.

Example; 200 hats @ $9.44…heck I’d pay ~$20.00 to $25.00 including COD. That would be a bargain & a sweet profit to boot. Same for the T-shirt; 200 @ $14.07…I’d pay a minimum of $25.00 for those.  

Hat (Navy-buckle back);
12 (min) @ $25.69/hat
200 @ $9.44/hat
500 @ 7.65/hat
2000 @ 5.87/hat

T-Shirt (Navy)

5 @ $34.15 ea
200 @ 14.07 ea
500 @ 11.16 ea
2000 @ 8.17 ea

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
Marty,
Not sure if you can attach it to this thread, but have you thought about a poll to see who is interested and for hat, shirt or both?
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2012, 10:51:16 PM »
Thanks Marty !!  Not bad looking shirt and the logo shows up good on the front.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

IZRSSS

« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2012, 11:06:29 PM »
Marty,
Not sure if you can attach it to this thread, but have you thought about a poll to see who is interested and for hat, shirt or both?

I’d love to Phil but I think it’s a bit too soon. My guess is we need to decide on a T-shirt design first. As you can tell there are quite a few differences of opinion and I’m afraid a poll at this point would be skewed.

Maybe I should have mentioned this earlier (order of business)…

1.   T-shirt designs.
2.   Vote on designs.
3.   Locate a print shop that meets our demands
4.   Pole regarding who will purchase the hat/T-shirts & how many will be purchased by each member (if the numbers aren't there it gets scratched).
5.   Green/Red light from CRG to move forward with this or not.
6.   A prepaid commitment by members for merchandise.

Did I leave anything out?

Thanks Marty !!  Not bad looking shirt and the logo shows up good on the front.

Your welcome Daniel.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:24:01 PM by IZRSSS »

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2012, 11:59:29 PM »
Marty, do you know if the price quotes you received are for shirts screened once or are double printed?  Single prints don't hold up very well.  I know my wife always double prints.  That is, put ink down, flash dry, print again, final drying.  I have double screened shirts where the material wears out before the print deteriorates.

Steve

IZRSSS

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2012, 12:15:45 AM »
Steve - Good qustion! Let me shoot the Co an email and I'll get back to you...

IZRSSS

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2012, 04:10:33 AM »
Steve – Here is Customink’s response to your question. Please let me know if this method is sufficient to meet our needs. I mentioned the Hanes T as an example of the quality I was looking for.

Hi Marty,

Thanks for sending in those emails, I wanted to get back to you since Cate is out of the office for the day.

The hats will be embroidered, as we aren't able to screen print on these specific hats.

The shirts will be screen printed with a couple of layers to make sure all the colors show through. We would use a white color first and then add the red color for instance for the front design. Also, the Hanes Beefy T is a great shirt to print on. It's made from 100% pre-shrunk cotton, so it's super soft and comfy.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help you.

I hope you have a great day!

adjudimo

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:28 AM »
Still following this thread and after viewing the illistrations that have been submitted thus far, (and by the way; THANK YOU MARTY) I agree that less is more. I think the shirt should totally represent and support the CRG web-site and not worry about any other additional criteria. I actually like #'s 15 and 16 designs myself and I know that there is much more thought and finalizations to settle before this can become a reality. Just a thought, might Pay-Pal account be a way to recieve/secure payment for the orders that come in if indeed this happens? I know that I would like both a cap and shirt. Might even swing for two shirts if they are available in either black/navy blue and white. Would probably leand toward a dark cap. My past experiences with white caps are they are just a little too hard to keep clean when worn or stowed, especially if your at a cruise in, car show or the garage. And besides, I guess I'm sorta a dark knight kind of guy! :-)

Will continue to follow thread and see what developes.
J.R.

IZRSSS

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2012, 01:56:19 PM »
Just a thought, might Pay-Pal account be a way to recieve/secure payment for the orders that come in if indeed this happens?

One of the important issues in all of this is shipping. I have been hesitant to mention this because the shipping from Custumink is free, but at this point only to one individual. My intentions were to use this as a negotiation tool in that a vendor would either wave the shipping charges or offer it to us at a discount rate.

My other concern dealt with the issue of how CRG gets its profits. You mentioned a “Pay-Pal” account; do you have one or know of someone who does and would be willing to provide this service? I believe there are several members that sell on eBay or have this type of account. For those of you familiar with this process please let us know if this is a viable option and if so, can it be applied here?

J.R. - Thanks & BTW I agree with your choices. ;)  

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
Marty

Wife said Hanes Beefy T very good shirt.  She also said we could go with a heat press design.  The print is done on a heat release paper.  Then this is heat pressed on the shirt.  Can be cheaper and still quality product.

Steve

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
My other concern dealt with the issue of how CRG gets its profits....
I would take this off line and discuss with the CRG folks privately. There are legal implications here when it comes to the word 'profits' unless CRG is a registered nonprofit organization with a 501 filing that can accept income.  

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
OK Marty I've been hesitant to get my hands wet because of my health but I would be willing to take the whole order and ship out to the individuals that ordered. I'm already set up with Paypal. I'll check on prices today for the boxes to ship the caps in and we can ship the shirts in thick envelopes.  I can print my own shipping labels at home and let the mailman pick the orders up when she delivers my mail. We can work out the fine details as we get closer but one snag. People that don't have paypal will have to send me a check and that will cut into shipping out orders but I hope that will be understood.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

IZRSSS

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2012, 02:33:08 PM »
Marty
Wife said Hanes Beefy T very good shirt.  She also said we could go with a heat press design.  The print is done on a heat release paper.  Then this is heat pressed on the shirt.  Can be cheaper and still quality product.
Steve

Steve – Glad to hear the HBT is a good quality shirt.

You certainly got my attention when you mentioned how well your wife’s printing method holds up over time (print out lasting the shirt). How does the “heat press design” compare?
In addition, is your wife set up to do embroidered logos on hats? If not would she/you be willing to receive & distribute these to complete the package?

And I think you knew this was coming; how do your prices compare to Custumink’s? And what can you offer in the way of handling all orders, including CRG’s profits (or whatever) & shipping?

Thanks again Steve

IZRSSS

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »
My other concern dealt with the issue of how CRG gets its profits....
I would take this off line and discuss with the CRG folks privately. There are legal implications here when it comes to the word 'profits' unless CRG is a registered nonprofit organization with a 501 filing that can accept income.  
Mike

Mike - Point well taken but again I know my limitations and this is something I am certain CRG is looking into. My only job at the moment is to keep this thing rolling so that everything is out on the table so that CRG can make an informed decision. Please KIM that I've kept this in the forefront the entire way; "before any of this can become a reality CRG must approve"!  ;)

Thanks!

IZRSSS

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2012, 02:46:23 PM »
OK Marty I've been hesitant to get my hands wet because of my health but I would be willing to take the whole order and ship out to the individuals that ordered. I'm already set up with Paypal. I'll check on prices today for the boxes to ship the caps in and we can ship the shirts in thick envelopes.  I can print my own shipping labels at home and let the mailman pick the orders up when she delivers my mail. We can work out the fine details as we get closer but one snag. People that don't have paypal will have to send me a check and that will cut into shipping out orders but I hope that will be understood.

BIG TIME THANKS DAN!!! Let's wait and see what the vendors have to say but its good to know you'll be there in case we need you!!!