Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 175744 times)

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »
     I would not be concerned with duplicating the Camaro script (cursive). and receiving a cease and desist for logo infringement. Besides myself, there are thousands of custom painters who use Harley logos and legal actions have not been encountered. Not to mention every other company's logo painted on vehicles. When logo use problems arise, it's generally due to certain boundaries being overstepped to generate income for products and services that infringe on registration rights.
    The money bag symbol was copyrighted by someone after it was discovered nobody ever did. It's use is common. And while the logo's legal owner could stop anyone who uses it without his permission and demand royalties or excercise a cease and desist, it's rarely done. When it was, it was done to flex the owner's muscles.

The back of #10 is awkward. We naturally read top to bottom and left to right. The repetition of the font
forces you to do this, even with the color change. When information is divided and sandwiched, it's done with font and layout differences.
    You've put a lot of work into this Marty.

NoYenko

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »
Allot of great ideas, thanks Marty & others. My vote would be #10 front and #6 rear. I like it without "www" before camaros.org I don't think it is necessary as everyone knows camaro.org is a web address. Camaro.org seems to stand out better on its own. Simple is cleaner. Having the archaeologist tie in explains what we primarily do on this forum. Just my 2 cents. George

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
My wife has a small silk screening business she has operated for several years.   Some of the work she has been for the US Airforce, Little Debbie, Verison and other registered or owned names and logo's.  It is her opinion that the word Camaro in CRG is not protected as it is part of the name for CRG.  She is also a professor at a local college which takes up most of her time.  I asked her if she could give me an idea of costs.  Without being specific to each proposed design she said that each color requires a separate screen.  The cost is spread out over the entire order when possible.  There are 4 colors involved with just the CRG logo.  Any additional item like cars can get into multiple colors and thus screens.  Placing an individuals car picture on a shirt is really adding to the cost.  In addition to the screen costs are the material costs, ulabor costs, shipping, etc.  The bottom line is a shirt can get very expensive real quick.  Just some info to chew on in looking at what folks want.  By the way, hats are difficult to screen and generally shops will charge more for them.

Steve

IZRSSS

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
Thanks guys for giving us vital information on infringement wrights. This obviously has a significant impact on whether or not this venture moves forward or not. Here we are trying to put something together for CRG, its members and perhaps a charity, and the last thing any of us want is for this thing to backfire. Obviously this topic is way over my head so I’ll leave this one to the experts. In the mean time I’ll just keep plugging away with the design end of things.

Steve – please thank your wife in advance for offering to help. We can certainly use her expertise!

Scott – I made a couple of new samples of #10, taking into consideration your advice…thanks!
          BTW, the main reason I keep toying w/this idea is because "Camaro Research Group" will be omitted from the logo. I think its important people know what CRG's mission is.

George – I made some adjustments on yours. I don’t know partner; it’s starting to grow on me…

IZRSSS

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
I vote for #14 in color, design and layout but...

I would eliminate the ' #1 source.....' line as it sounds like it's selling something. How about what the home page states...
"Research and Restoration Data for First-Generation Camaros"

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

IZRSSS

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »
Hey Mike...I don't know how I missed that. The whole purpose of this design was to tie it to the home page. I like!!!

Here are two versions;

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2012, 06:02:05 PM »
Marty I'm sorta weird about things. I'm a neat freak and I'm a BIG fan of white. Could you plug this up on a white shirt so I can see it. Thanks and a great job my friend!! (if you still call me one ??? ;D)
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

IZRSSS

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
Daniel who, what, where, when...Consider it done partner!!! I'll have it up sometime this evening. Gotta go check on something... I think they call it work. ;)

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »
Agree on the white:   I wear T shirts mostly in the summer months, when it's HOT, and when I'm at a car show (OUTSIDE- repeat HOT) I'm wearing car related T shirts...   WHITE reflects most of the sun's heat....  :)

PS>  To reiterate what was relayed from Steve's wife:   the number of colors (and screen/masks) are what drives the cost more so than anything else.   With front and back logos, you have separate screens for each color (for each of the front and back)...  so with red/white/black on front, and red/white on the back, you have five screens involved.   If you stick with one color per side, you have only two screens...

Gary / 69Z28-RS
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2012, 06:12:13 PM »
Tmodel66:    Aren't we all sorta weird?  To be spending so much time, effort, and $$ on 40+ yr old cars??   :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
Tmodel66:    Aren't we all sorta weird?  To be spending so much time, effort, and $$ on 40+ yr old cars??   :)

Point well taken Gary but you know the old sayin'   "Somebody's gotta do it".   ;D
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

camaro jock

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
I know that I have no vote because I am a newbie but number 12 looks clean and simple to me. White or blue is fine. thanks, Darrell

IZRSSS

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
Here you go Dan;

IZRSSS

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »
I know that I have no vote because I am a newbie but number 12 looks clean and simple to me. White or blue is fine. thanks, Darrell

Darrell – I think we’re still a ways off from the official vote but what you stated couldn’t be farther from the truth. Once this thing is put to a vote anyone can participate as long as they are registered members. I’m not really sure if newbie’s have access to this sort of thing but if they do then absolutely them as well. So you see, only visitors will be excluded (so you V’s had better sign up quick).

Please keep your mock voting going because it gives us a better idea of which way this thing is leaning…

anything