Author Topic: How to spot a fake  (Read 12968 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
Re: How to spot a fake
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 04:23:56 AM »
Well I too was kinda tired of seeing this guys cloned cars being pitched as original every week for years! I have gotten in email fights with him in the past. So I called him on it and told him to call Jerry M. for an inspection. Here is his reply....

and I quote, " Jerry is like you don't know anything about 69 camaro's "

Cheers Steve

On Dec 23, 2012, at 11:54 PM

Now here is something even funnier than that statement. This sentence is grammatically incorrect. It should say ,"Jerry is like you, he ALSO doesn't know anything about Camaro's. 10 words and he can't pull it off. Oh well to funny. Nice car but MAJOR issues and just another pretty 30K Camaro with nice paint.........Danny

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 04:42:01 AM »
I asked him about the black z he had and heard he knew the car since it was new. That tag was obviously fake. Haven't seen it for a while
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 04:59:27 AM »
Yes he just pumps these fake cars out like water. 10 10 Cars are super scarce in original condition but he seems to always have one laying around...   ;D  ....Danny

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 08:18:40 PM »
Well I too was kinda tired of seeing this guys cloned cars being pitched as original every week for years! I have gotten in email fights with him in the past. So I called him on it and told him to call Jerry M. for an inspection. Here is his reply....

and I quote, " Jerry is like you don't know anything about 69 camaro's "

Cheers Steve

On Dec 23, 2012, at 11:54 PM

Now here is something even funnier than that statement. This sentence is grammatically incorrect. It should say ,"Jerry is like you, he ALSO doesn't know anything about Camaro's. 10 words and he can't pull it off. Oh well to funny. Nice car but MAJOR issues and just another pretty 30K Camaro with nice paint.........Danny

Danny, I hope you replied you " I know a FAKE when I see it". LOL

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 11:00:34 PM »
69z28302,
Gee... what ever do you mean. Cause you know Jerry and I know nothing about 69 Camaros.... Right?... Ha Ha  ;)
I would say I have a pretty good working knowledge as just a regular back yard car guy. But Jerry M. is at the top of the knowledge list as far as I am concerned. I wonder if he seen this discussion?... Danny

anything