Author Topic: New Guy Needs Help Correlate Cowl/VIN with Options  (Read 12436 times)

chilipepper13

• View Profile
Re: New Guy Needs Help Correlate Cowl/VIN with Options
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 11:48:51 AM »
Thanks William!

That was very helpful information - so I guess I can be pretty happy with that SS especially since nice Camaros are hard to find in Europe!

All the best,

Ed
Eddy C.

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
Ed your car would stand out at any show here in the US! I'll bet it really draws a crowd in your area.

Whatever you may need for it, just post here.
Learning more and more about less and less...

chilipepper13

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »
You just made my day  ;D

Btw, I remember seeing a post about a VIN database you are maintaining here on CMR - any chance I can submit my car's information for any future reference? I guess especially the slightly odd European export Cowl Tag might be of interest.

Many thanks again! Cheers,

Ed
Eddy C.

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 04:38:33 PM »
Kurt is the keeper of the db and has a special interest in export cars.

email the info to him at kurts2@gmail.com

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 10:03:12 PM »
....... If the car truely didn't have a radio, or had a rear antenna (an hence an AM radio) from the factory, there will not be a holde drilled in the A piller forward of the passenger door where the antenna cable went from the interior of the car to the space behind the front fender.  If theres a hole there, then the car had a radio when it left the factory.

Mark,

Are you absolutely sure about that being no hole in the front pillar if there was a rear mounted antenna ordered?
I do recall seeing a rear antenna 67 (option on trim tag too) with the front hole (looked like it was punched) with a plug in it.
The AIM refers to it as 'existing hole' and I figured it was like so many holes punched and plugged based on options.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:30:30 PM by Mike S »
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 12:33:47 AM »
All cars had the antenna lead hole in the pillar. It was plugged on cars built with no radio or a rear antenna.

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 04:05:49 PM »
The yellow import tag on the heater box firewall side may answer a few questions. I had a buddy of mine say his RS/SS 1969 Camaro convertible (late March Norwood built) which was handed down from his Dad was delivered to his Father and Mother at the base in Germany where he was stationed  at the time. His Dad told him the car arrived with a European radio installed - modified GM Opel AM/FM - but the on-base GM sales person had arranged that the US AM/FM radio to be shipped as well and was in a box in the trunk. The Opel radio according to his father was a total POS and picked up mostly static, but did receive Radio Free Europe and AFR broadcasts. He pulled the radio out and passed it down to a buddy when he shipped the vehicle back to the states later that year when their tour in Germany ended. My buddy wishes he had left it in.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

firstgenaddict

• caretaker of 1971 LT1's 11130 & 21783
    • View Profile
    • Groome Family Automobiles
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
The passenger side A pillar antenna cable hole was in all Camaros and was plugged if it was ordered with rear antenna, same goes for Chevelles, GTOs, etc.
James
Collectin' Camaro's since "Only Rednecks drove them"
Current caretaker of 1971 LT1's - 11130 and 21783 Check out the Black 69 RS/Z28 45k mile Survivor and the Lemans Blue 69 Z 10D frame off...
https://plus.google.com/photos/112392262205377424364/albums?banner=pwa