CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 07:16:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104647 Posts in 12243 Topics by 4719 Members
Latest Member: Baconcks
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Decoding/Numbers
| | |-+  Console/Gauges VIN Decode
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Console/Gauges VIN Decode  (Read 868 times)
upscope757

Runnin' again after 27 years...

upscope757
View Profile Email
« on: October 07, 2012, 06:31:36 AM »

I have seen conflicting guidance out there on the console versus console/tach & gauges in the trim tag decode.  Is there anything different in the cowl tag regarding these two options?  Any hard connection between gauges on an SS with respect to 4spd or Powerglide?

Matt: 1967 RS/SS - L48/Powerglide - Sierra Fawn/Beige Vinyl Top, Charleston, SC
tmodel66

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »

No and No to both. Trim tag tells the color and standard or custom but nothing about D55 console or U17 gauge package. You could get U17 on any car with console regardless of transmission.

Read more about all the options from this link:       http://www.camaros.org/pdf/options.pdf

Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »

In 67, the tag only tells if equipped with a console.
U17 was available on any V8.

Gotta look at the wiring to tell if it had gauges originally.

Kurt S
CRG
TRLAND

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »

In 67, the tag only tells if equipped with a console.
U17 was available on any V8.

Gotta look at the wiring to tell if it had gauges originally.

An old post I know, but this is the exact mystery I'm trying to solve.  My firewall has no hole for the oil line gauge but the trim tag indicates console and I have a low fuel light at the speedometer.  What exactly about the wiring should I look for to determine if gauges were original?  Yellow low fuel sending wire or something else?  Also is there any precedence for an early February '67 car (327 automatic with AC) to have the oil pressure line routed through the grommet in the corner of the firewall behind the power brake booster? Could this be an anomaly chalked up to human error or corner cutting?  Again, there is no hole in the firewall where it should be, just a dimple.  There's a 1/8" hole low on the firewall behind the distributor.  I've read what I could find here and at TC about the grommet vs. brass fitting and when that was changed over and this car is squarely in the midst of that time period but nothing I read clears this up.

Mike in Northern Illinois
1967 RS 327
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: