Author Topic: Restoring clean original trunk, touch up or strip it???  (Read 16149 times)

GS STAGE 1

• View Profile
Re: Restoring clean original trunk, touch up or strip it???
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 02:02:38 AM »
Thanks alot Kurt :-\

Now your going to make a flip flopper out of me ;D

The more I think about it, like stated previously, I just cant get away from that feeling when I see a car this original and untouched.

I'm going to stick with my first instinct with this car, its always paid off in the past

I'm going to leave the trunk, firewall and underside alone, with some light touch-up/clean-up. Detailing the subframe, suspension, core support, and inners is a must. Obviously paint is necessary, and in the original Olympic Gold

Im not a painter, but the paint on the inner frames/door jams, is super cherry.  Do you think I can get away with just spraying the outside? Or should I be preparred to consider spraying the jams as well?
Also, I wonder if I could spray the jams with a clear coat to bring the original color out, so its a close match with new paint.
Can anyone recommend which paint to buy, and possibly give me a the paint code #  for said manufacture
Thanks for your help

bbd564

• View Profile
Re: Restoring clean original trunk, touch up or strip it???
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 12:32:57 AM »
Just clean up the trunk.  None of the paints that are available look correct anyways.