Author Topic: help with correct 69 steering wheel  (Read 2848 times)

keech

• View Profile
help with correct 69 steering wheel
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
   Hey guys...   When i bought my 69 z28 it had an aftermarket steering wheel and need to install the right one.    My car has the base black interior.
       Wood trim around the wiper and headswitch light area and wood trim on the radio.   No wood trim on ash tray door or glove box area.    It also has no passenger side grab handle over the glove box.     I'm guessing (and wanting) it came with either the standard or wood wheel.     If I install the standard wheel will the horn shroud have woodgrain or just plain black?      thanks !       Steve

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: help with correct 69 steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:48:16 PM »
I'll assume your car had a console-that's why it has the wood dash trim. However if it did not have the Z23 special interior group [no grab handle and trim plate] it would have had the standard pebble-grain steering wheel shroud. It could have had the N34 sport-styled steering wheel [walnut to 11-68; rosewood after].

I have often wondered how Chevy kept all of this straight in assembly. By the end of production there were 5 standard steering wheels and 30 possible shroud assemblies. There were two optional wheels, N34 and NK1. That doesn't even take into account the two styles of standard wheel [different rims] and the two N34 wheels.

http://www.camaros.org/swheel.shtml#69
Learning more and more about less and less...

keech

• View Profile
Re: help with correct 69 steering wheel
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 01:32:49 AM »
thanks !     

anything