Author Topic: Power BRAKE Booster - not Power Steering  (Read 8873 times)

greg1ontheedge

• View Profile
Power BRAKE Booster - not Power Steering
« on: July 24, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »
Busy freakin day at work.  It's the hose running from the power brake booster to the intake manifold.  The Crossram intake manifold doesn't have a recepticle for the hose so what the heck do I do with it???  Sorry, and thanks............

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: Power BRAKE Booster - not Power Steering
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:48:50 PM »
You might have to drill and tap npt threads for the fitting - assuming that there is a location on the manifold where you could do it.

Richard Thomas
1969 RS

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 08:52:38 PM »
Drill a 9/16" hole at a convenient location on the top plate (out of the way of the linkage and plumbing) and tap it 3/8" NPT for a standard manifold vacuum fitting and re-connect your booster.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

greg1ontheedge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 02:18:39 PM »
Thanks Rich/John. Sincerely appreciate your responses and help. Is there any alternative other than putting a fitting on this thing? If at all possible, I'd really like to avoid doing that..........  Thanks again.

red69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 01:48:54 PM »
My manifold has a fitting boss in the left front corner,on the top plate. I conected both my booster and PVC there. Do you know what the casting date is on your system?         Pat

greg1ontheedge

• View Profile
Re: Power BRAKE Booster - not Power Steering PICTURE ADDED
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 08:37:30 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  As I said, I'm really hesitatnt to drill a hole in this thing.  I've attached a picture so everybody can see the manifold I'm working with.  I'm thinking about trying to tap vaccuum from the carbs.  I'll be running 2 Holleys with a mild cam so maybe might have enough vaccuum????