Author Topic: Wiring Questions  (Read 13816 times)

69-er

• View Profile
Wiring Questions
« on: October 17, 2005, 11:58:01 PM »
If someone could look at their 68 or 69 to verify a couple issues I'm trying to solve, I would be most appreciative.

Is the Black/White wire for the amp gauge connected to the splice that's near the horn relay or is it attached directly to the same terminals as the 10 gauge red wire and fusable link at the horn relay?

On cars that have the glove box light, I've only seen a separate orange wire that plugs into the fuse box that powers the light. The assembly manual shows it it to be integrated into the harness. Which one do you have?

Thanks!

Larry

RonM

• View Profile
Re: Wiring Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 01:49:26 AM »
On my 68 L30/M20 the black/white ammeter guage wire is spliced into an orange fusible link which in turn is spliced into a 10 guage red wire that is part of the front lighting harness located by the horn relay. As for the glove box light, it becomes part of the underdash harness by the heater control. My car has both the deluxe interior and the auxiliary lighting group options, both of which the glove box light was included. I believe the dealers also installed the glove box light, maybe thats how they wired it by going directly to the fuse box. Hope this helps, RonM.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 04:24:37 PM »
On my (original) '69 with factory gauges and deluxe interior, the black/white ammeter sense wire is spliced as indicated in the reply above (no separate wire connected to the horn relay buss terminals), and the orange glove box light wire is an integral part of the I.P. harness (no separate wire plugged into the fuse block). The only separate wires plugged into the fuse block are for the rear defogger and the cowl hood harness. :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

KevinK

• View Profile
    • Hudson Valley Camaro
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 02:13:19 AM »
...As for the black/white wire, ...not sure (I'd need to check)
  But as for the orange glove box wire, ...sounds just like what RonM said.
   ...my car is a 68 rs/ss, deluxe interior, ...also with the auxilary lighting group...

anything