No reason boeshield wouldn't work. I just didn't have any handy.
James, let me see if I took any pictures of the actual rivet assy. I used bolts for the rivets. I had my old rivets as a model. I ground the head into the same general shape as the old rivet head. then put the shank in a drill and held the head on some 40 grit to get the same swirl pattern as the originals. I cut the bolts just a bit longer than the final rivet would be, and center drilled the shank with a 5/31 bit about 1/4 inch deep. Sherri held the assembly up on the vice for me rivet head down on the anvil. I used a large punch for the first couple of hits, then used the small end of a ball peen hammer as a punch for the last two or three hits. Kept hitting until the clamp was tight and would not spin on the rivet.
I made the clamps from some steel stock. They are just a few thousanths thicker than my originals, but closer than the aftermarket clamps. Cut and ground them to size. After they were riveted on, Sherri and I used a combination of hammers and the vice to bend them into place. It is definitely a two person job.