Asked this question a year ago. Would like to revisit. Hopefully the picture still shows up.
Typically the vin# is at best difficult to see whether it is located on the pad or by the oil filter.
I am mostly curious about the date stamps. Obvioulsy if that stamp stands out as not being correct, be it font or height etc., It is safe to say that certainally the other stamps would be questionable. So...a few questions;
1. Is there anyone out there that has the exact fonts and numbers that Norwood used? If so, are they common place?
2. If not, then could I assume it would be very easy to spot a restamped date code??
3. Using this picture as a template. Does this date stamp have the correct fonts? Numerals?
4. Did the person doing the stamping take special care and time to make each stamp parallel to the block edge? Seems doubtful...but??
5. Also, I have seen the CRG report showing where the date stamp should be for a big block. Seems correct location here on this pic, correct??
6. Finally, After the VIN# was moved down to the oil filter, was the date stamp still put in the exact same place or did workers realize they had more room and could have moved it to the right towards or even in the middle of the pad??
I hope to start a search within the year for a BB 4 speed car and want to know as much as possible before I post pics to the forum.
Thanks in advance.