Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ragtopman

Pages: [1]
Restoration / Re: panel adhesive
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:37:03 PM »
50 ml. of panel bond, I really don't know how much that is in volume but its easy to use and to use it properly grind the metal with a roloc disc, lay some panel bond on each piece to be joined, cover the bare steel with the panel bond using a spreader then on the vehicle side lay yet another bead of panel bond down and join together. Once joined clamp it all together but if you need to make an adjustment slide the panels, DO NOT lift them, clean up the excess and follow cure times.

Originality / Re: Looking for pictures of 67 L48 engine
« on: September 09, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »
what would you like to see? I have a picture of the 8k car that Mitch Gray won back in the day from the Camaro Club plus I have some of mine in digital if needed.

General Discussion / Re: 1969 Burnished brown Z/28's
« on: July 07, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
Many years ago, I painted a Burnished Brown JL-8 car. It's not a bad looking color either.

Originality / Re: Correct Idler Arm for 67
« on: March 27, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
Out of curiosity, what is the casting number on it? Will you post a picture or two so we can see what he's offering? Thanks.

I have a NOS idler arm, GM part # 3908383 if your interested in a pic of it also.

General Discussion / Re: 67 L-48 K-19 people
« on: January 15, 2011, 07:43:53 PM »
Crappy pic but is this what you are looking for ?

no, that is of the enrichment valve it self. you see the small tit that doesnt have a hose hooked to it? if you look in my pic, that metal pipe comes out of the right side of the carb and is attached to a bracket that is bolted down with the carb and then gets attached to the enrichment valve with a rubber hose.

if you look carefully at the goose neck in my pic., there is a clamp that holds the AIR hose down that comes out of the pump and into the left side diverter valve.

General Discussion / Re: 67 L-48 K-19 people
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:43:02 AM »
if you look at the picture, do you see the metal pipe that goes to the enrichment valve along with the bracket that gets bolted to the carb? and do you see the clamp that holds the AIR hose to the goose neck? I am needing these parts, there is also a metal line for the PCV valve, but that looks easily made.

General Discussion / 67 L-48 K-19 people
« on: January 11, 2011, 07:03:06 PM »
Is Ed Ernst still around for starters?

My biggest quest for parts is the bracket and piping that gets bolted down to the carb on the right side that goes to the enrichment valve. I have a picture of Mitch Gray's engine not long after he won the car way back when and it clearly shows it. It also shows a metal tube for the PCV valve, but that looks easily enough made. There is also a clamp that holds one of the rubber AIR hoses down at the goose neck. Can anybody help me with these parts?


Restoration / AIR Inj. parts needed.
« on: October 29, 2010, 01:25:05 AM »
Guys........I am in need of 3 pieces to finish up my AIR inj. system on my 67 350 CID engine. I need the clamp that holds the rubber hose to the goose neck. I need the metal line that connects the rubber hose to the PCV valve and there is a metal line with a bracket attached to it(that bolts down to the carb.)that goes from the fuel enrichment valve to the carb. If somebody knows where these 3 items can be found or somebody that would let me make the lines from a pattern, I'd appreciate it alot and thanks.

Restoration / Re: 67 vent window frames
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
Starting from the bottom: nut, locking tab, spring, flat edge spacer type washer, fiber washer, vent frame, fiber washer, steel washer.

General Discussion / Re: Camaro Restoration web site.
« on: June 01, 2007, 08:11:04 PM »
He's about 5 miles from me in the Rock Hill area.

I still have one issue that I haven't been able to document:
"67 and 68 V8 pumps were either mounted high on the engine, in front of the intake manifold / carburetor (see 68 diagram), or mounted on the passenger side of the engine."

My pump is mounted just to the right side of the oil fill tube, and up top.

General Discussion / Re: CRG is Back!
« on: October 25, 2005, 12:43:16 AM »
And to think that i had done something wrong. ???  :'( I had tryed to enter and strange and funky stuff was happening. But now I see. This all looks very nice, am going to have to try and find out how it all works now.

General Discussion / Re: Members from old forum version please post here
« on: October 22, 2005, 06:07:21 PM »
So you thought that you could get rid of me, huh??? Well as the 'Aaaahnold' said, 'I'll be back'. And here I am as before. The name hasnt even been changed to protect the innocent. ;D

Pages: [1]