Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > General Discussion

Reverse lockout linkage (Backdrive linkage)

<< < (2/2)

ko-lek-tor:
Reviving an old thread as I found some real good information that I know it is in the AIM, but this is a bit more concise and shows some good information, so I thought I should share:        Hope this helps. Sorry, this is borrowed from another site and not intending to not give credit to original researcher, Ian Johnson. http://www.worldwidecamaroclub.com/pdf/tech/reverselockouts.pdf

69Z28:
Man, reading this just reminded me of all the times the base MP's used to stop me for white lights to the rear when I had my first Z.

z28z11:
Mine did the same thing. Local cops used to hassle me about it, so I looped a piece of wire over the column to hold the lever in the right position. Thought it looked cool anyway -

69Z28:
After the 3rd or 4th time getting stopped I installed a toggle switch under the dash and when the tailgaters were loose at night I would just flip the lights off and on to get them to back off.

z28z11:

--- Quote from: 69Z28 on March 21, 2014, 02:59:35 AM ---After the 3rd or 4th time getting stopped I installed a toggle switch under the dash and when the tailgaters were loose at night I would just flip the lights off and on to get them to back off.

--- End quote ---

Lot of guys did that - I never got around to doing it myself, but instead opted to find the parts to replace the backdrive linkage. Now if I can only find time to assemble the car around it -

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page