Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Date correct alternator for 12C '68 L34

<< < (2/3) > >>

My68SS:

--- Quote from: KurtS on September 15, 2010, 07:03:13 PM ---Except dist came with the engine...

--- End quote ---
Opps, my bad. I guess that was fitted to block off the hole and prevent debris intrusion into the crank case?
Any idea what the typical time gap was between fisher tag build date and chevrolet commencement of assembly?

stovebolt:
My68SS. That incorrect alternator you're replacing, would it happen to be an 1100813 dated no later than the first week of April 1968? Thanks, Joe.

My68SS:

--- Quote from: stovebolt on September 16, 2010, 01:16:52 PM ---My68SS. That incorrect alternator you're replacing, would it happen to be an 1100813 dated no later than the first week of April 1968? Thanks, Joe.

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately not, it's a 32A 1100720 8E21  :(

JohnZ:

--- Quote from: My68SS on September 16, 2010, 12:13:40 PM ---Any idea what the typical time gap was between fisher tag build date and chevrolet commencement of assembly?

--- End quote ---

The Fisher tag build date only indicated the WEEK the body started in the Body Shop, not the DAY; could have been any day of that week. It took a couple of days to go through the Fisher system before the body went to the Chevrolet side of the plant.

My68SS:
Hi John, sorry, didn't word my question very well - yes, am aware it indicates week.
But your quote of 2 days for fisher is about what I was looking for.
The other bit is the time from fisher finish to chevrolet commence? - would it be same day for bodies that are out of fisher early enough during a day?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page