Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Original engine emblem paint color for '69

<< < (2/2)

makeminea69:
James, one last question.  Did you use the same color for the SS and the 396 emblem?

firstgenaddict:
Yes I did I used it on both, I bought a stark white Toyota color and Krylon Satin white 2 in 1 primer paint used a tooth pick to put a drop in the CUI and SS emblems...the stark white appeared "brighter" the satin Krylon looked to match.

KRYLON 2 in 1 primer paint -  Satin White which appears to be a slight off white.

2 light coats or one full coverage -
I tried 2 full coverage coats and had to strip the paint out.. it looked like it was poured in...

makeminea69:
James, when I sent this original question my car was off being painted and the bodyshop had the emblems with it.  Now that it is back, I realized I had the emblem colors switched.  So, again, I ordered both the engine and SS emblems.  The paint on the engine emblems appears whiter and the SS emblems appear to have an off-white color.  The car is Daytona Yellow.  Is this color correct for the SS emblems?  I've tried to attach a pic of an S next to the engine emblem to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page