Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

General talk about Trans-Am cars, parts, whatever...

<< < (2/18) > >>

Bruce302:
Those are great pics of the Pontiac cross ram intake. The top plate looks to be very similar to the Chevrolet item, I don't have one hand to compare them closely, does it look that way to anyone else ?

The other thing I notice is that the Pontiac cross ram intake ports are for the non Tunnel Port heads. No doubt they tried all the heads and manifold combinations , and it may well be that the smaller intake runners on the regular heads worked better than with the Tunnel Ports items.
Al Bartz has a fabricated intake on the engine he is looking over.

I have spoken to Dave Billes at Performance Engineering but he can't recall many specifics of the twin Dominator engines. Just another race engine.

Bruce.

OCTARD:
Hello Bruce,

Indeed the Camaro/Chevrolet production crossram top-plate is very similar to the "production" Pontiac unit (not the one-off Al Bartz item also pictured above).  One of the most notable differences would appear to be the radiusing along the edge of the top plate.  A pic of both top plate edge radiuses included to illustrate the difference between the two.

-Chad

Jon Mello:
Chad, those are terrific photos of the Pontiac cross ram. The comparison with the Camaro piece is great as well. I sure do appreciate you posting them and I'm sure others do as well.

Sixteen Grand Sedan #56:
Chad, COOL information. I never knew that Pontiac had such an item.

THANK YOU

Jon Mello:
After seeing the Traco manifold on the AMC engine in the Roy Woods Racing Team thread, Robert Byng sent me some
cool information on the Traco manifold that he owns and the old B/Production AMX that he returned to its road racer roots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page