Author Topic: 3/8 ink stamp rubber 3/8 fuel line  (Read 2316 times)

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
Re: 3/8 ink stamp rubber 3/8 fuel line
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2023, 04:44:58 PM »
Added the front fuel hose which is 10 1/2"

Original front fuel hose length

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2023, 12:24:02 AM »
I had a stamp made to duplicate the fonts, point sizes, spacing and square symbol used on the original fuel hose I removed for my project. I mixed Liquitex white artists latex paint, which adheres to rubber well and is flexible, with some black to tone down the brightness and thinned it with water. Using an un-inked stamp pad I saturated the pad with the thinned, mixed paint and applied the stamp impression in a series following the original spacing. On factory original fuel lines, after several stamp impressions a date stamp was inserted however on short lengths like this, it was sometimes omitted (out of series) as was the case with my original fuel hose. I sourced gator style textured 3/8" ID fuel hose similar to the original. The rear fuel hose is 4 1/2" .

Great work and detail as always Lloyd and look forward to seeing this over the top restoration in 2024. Nothing wrong, just trying to understand the sequence on the hose at gas tank as it has two GM ink stamps side by side vs. the sequence of GM GAS , GM GAS? Matched something found in original hose?
Again, great work......
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

Edgemontvillage

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2023, 03:36:15 PM »
"Great work and detail as always Lloyd and look forward to seeing this over the top restoration in 2024. Nothing wrong, just trying to understand the sequence on the hose at gas tank as it has two GM ink stamps side by side vs. the sequence of GM GAS , GM GAS? Matched something found in original hose?
Again, great work......"

Chick, thanks for the feedback, doesn't surprise me for a second you caught the stamping anomaly - eagle eyes! During the stamping process I would need to wipe off (with a damp cloth) an impression that wasn't good, then re-apply (mis-aligned, smudged etc). Somehow I managed to partially wipe off a stamping (the word GAS only) only to continue with the full, repeating stamp resulting in omitting the word GAS from the series. I noticed this only after I installed the hose and photographed it. Thought is would be good enough to illustrate the work...but you caught it. I've since corrected in on the Z. Good catch Chick! 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 04:39:00 PM by Edgemontvillage »