Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Restoration

Source of blue tinted paint on underside of '67 Los Camaro floor

<< < (2/11) > >>

Stillwater Camaro:
Actually, I have one from when I put a patch in a few years ago.

169INDY:
Body Pan floor plugs were installed AFTER paint so they would be bare galvanized plated steel and these have paint applied from some owner in its history.

Fact check me boys, Do I have this correct?

So the blue was applied outside of factory building-construction.

Stillwater Camaro:
I was wondering why someone would paint the underside blue on a gold car, but now I recall seeing blue paint over 2 coats of gold and under2-3 coats of white in some places I stripped, so it may all make sense. Recently sanded all of it off in the cowl... the color does look similar.

Stillwater Camaro:
I was washing the left frame rail to get ready to scuff and found evidence that the floor was painted by Fischer. I removed the axle bump stop and I believe I am the first person to do that since the day the car was built, and the blue color is under that too. As well as a dusting of Gold overspray. The overspray is heavier on the frame rail, but some must have gotten by. There are runs in the blue in the torque box area that have gold dust on them too. It's even inside the tube for the shackle bushings. Then I scrapped off a small area of the original undercoating and the blue is under there as well.

bcmiller:
So the body tag shows Gold?

How does the body tag compare to the VIN?

But you said the blue is on top of gold, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page