Author Topic: correct valve cover cap for L48 engine  (Read 5027 times)

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: correct valve cover cap for L48 engine
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »
The PCV valve wasn't shown in the AIM because it was part of the engine assembly, and the first Parts and Accessories manual it shows up in is the November, 1967 P&A 681A (See attached). As you can see, it covers all V8 engines for 1967 and 1968 except the Z28 and the L35.

It's always best to find a P&A manual as close to the build year of the car as possible since even a year later part numbers can change!

And by the way, I trust HBC as far as I can throw them. (My opinion only)

Ed

Nigel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 04:02:52 PM »
Hi Joe, thanks for the table. Just to clarify, GM 6423695 is the correct one?

I just dont want to make a mistake and order the wrong one.

Best regards, Nigel

Nigel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2020, 04:42:06 PM »
Thank you again Ed for clarifying the part number, I really appreciate it. I will go ahead now and order the PCV.

Is there anywhere that I can download a copy of the 1967 - 1968 Camaro Parts and Accessories manual or is it something you can only buy as a physical book. I think it would really be useful to me in the future.

Kind regards, Nigel

Nigel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 05:24:31 PM »
Hi Ed, I just wanted to ask where you purchase yoour parts from, if not Heartbeatcity Camaro. Living in the UK everything i buy has got to come from the US however I have only ever purchased parts from Heartbeatcity. Many thanks Nigel

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2020, 06:30:07 PM »
You no longer need a P&A since a lot of them are now online at GMPARTWIKI. Put in the part number and click search!

I buy most of my parts at THE TRUCK AND CAR SHOP in Aneheim, CA, which is only about 40 miles away from me. They have GREAT prices, their catalogs are all online and yes, they DO ship overseas.

Another place I go is CLASSIC INDUSTRIES, which is only another few miles from The Truck and Car Shop. Even ebay is a good source but you have to do your homework on ebay.

Ed

Nigel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2020, 03:10:06 PM »
Hi Ed, Many thanks for the information, I will have a look on both websites you recommnded. Kind regards, Nigel

anything