Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

1969 Cowl Induction

(1/2) > >>

fsc66:
Does anyone have any documents, ads, etc that show the price for the cowl induction system for a 1969 Camaro if you ordered it through GM or your local dealer?

Thanks,
Paul

69Z28-RS:
The option information/pricing vs date is available in the CRG archive...http://www.camaros.org/pdf/options.pdf

Option: ZL2      Qty:  10026    List Price:  $75.00   $D&H 4.00   Description:  Hood, special ducted, a.k.a. cowl hood (available after Dec 68)
for models:  (Z28,SS)

fsc66:
My apologies on this topic, what I meant to inquire about was the 1969 Cross-Ram and does anyone know what the original cost of this was back in 1969?

Thanks,
Paul

z28z11:
Part number 3940077, the complete over-the-counter cross ram "conversion" kit was discontinued in early- mid 1973, oddly enough near the same time as the 3945131 67- 69 disc brake axle assembly (which included all 67-69 Trans Am disc brake, steering and suspension components, including stabilizer bars and bushings) due to low sales volume. Also out at or near the same time, the Camaro fiberglass hood part # 3963832, which would have tied in to the cross ram for Trans Am/racing use (I would love to have bought any of the above !). For the standard ZL2 hood, I bought one in 1974-75 for $80.00, installed it in the parking lot of my local dealer, drove it home.

Last pricing I remember seeing was in the low $500.00's for the complete kit. I do think at one time is was $480.00 and change - somebody can correct me if I'm off. I've slept a few times since those days-

Regards,
Steve

z28z11:
Ask yourself, has there ever been a more impressive intake manifold on a 302 ?

This is obviously not an original (one I recreated) - I've always been fascinated by them since my first sighting of one in a street driven Z in 1971 -

Regards,
Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page