Author Topic: Unmodified L78 guys.. what are you running for octane?  (Read 2788 times)

DuWayne Ladner

• View Profile
Re: Unmodified L78 guys.. what are you running for octane?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 05:21:45 PM »
Sorry Boomer632, did not mean to take away from your post, by adding pics of my car and engine. But thanks to MaroMan, David K, and Mo for I assume is responses to my post. To ya’ll just tried to replicate the factory look or what I eyeballed on a used car lot in So. Mississippi and purchased on my HS graduation evening, May 26, 1972. Yes next month, 51 years owned. Once this CE L78 is back in car, soon I hope, then I will began a re-search for my original engine that I put my eyes on back in the mid 90’s, but had a very unfimilar suffix code to me, of which if re-found will be looking for a partial VIN, to confirm or eliminate as my original! The suffix code I remember to this day, and since have discovered it is a very special rare code, will say 1 of 311. Of corse the code has already been discounted by Mr. Kurt a while back as never been a code in this series of 311, or at least confirmed as 1 of. Sorry I’ve been long on this, but maybe 1 day I can post my car and story and pic it also. God Bless.