Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

68 L78 radiator core

(1/2) > >>

ccargo:
I've read Kurt's cooling report and still have a question regarding the 68 L78 and the core options. Was K02 available in 68 moving the three core to a four core on a L78/clutch fan equiped car? It seems from the report only A/C equiped cars would have a four core radiator. I'd like to recore my three core to a four core If possible?

plumL78:
Hello I have a pic. of an orig. 67L78 fan assy still in the car and I tried posting a pic but it says the file it too big.  The orig . 3 core is around 2" and the orig tanks are around 3 1/4" so fitting there won't be a problem for the radiator. I'm not sure how close the clutch will be but from the pic it looks ok. If you want to email me I'll send the pic. to you, Thanks

KurtS:

--- Quote ---Regular Production Option (RPO) V01 was the heavy-duty radiator option and was available with all engines except the Z28 or big block engines.
--- End quote ---

So, no.
You can install a 4 core, but why? A 3 core will work fine. You may have fan clutch length issues with a 4 core.

ccargo:
Thanks Kurt, I am just a little concerned with the 4.56 axel ratio and what effect it might have on cooling.

KurtS:
The axle ratio did not have any affect on the radiator from the factory.
I'd say that if everything is in good condition, it shouldn't be an issue. And just how many miles would you drive with that ratio anyway. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page