Author Topic: RPO D80 OUTER BRACKET PLACEMENT  (Read 1526 times)

jlazz

• View Profile
RPO D80 OUTER BRACKET PLACEMENT
« on: September 20, 2022, 11:13:43 AM »
Good morning gentlemen . maybe we can clear up a old question. i have a 69 pace .  on the front spoiler. the assembly shows outer spoiler brackets mounted to a hole the fender . the bracket does not fit well in this location . there is a hole in the subframe mount the bracket and makes more sense. can i please get the correct information. some people say its on subframe others say its to fender and the assembly manual shows it to connect to fender . i am slowly losing faith in the assembly manual . stuff appears to be incorrect

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: RPO D80 OUTER BRACKET PLACEMENT
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 11:42:15 AM »
Rally-Sports have a slightly different mounting procedure at the fender extension. It is shown in the Assembly Manual in section Z22 page B8, view B.

You are probably using reproduction parts. They may not fit as well as OE.
Learning more and more about less and less...

jlazz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 11:52:02 AM »
the brackets were missing when i got the car . the spoiler is original. did order the brackets and original type hardware for the car .

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 02:43:45 PM »
the brackets were missing when i got the car . the spoiler is original. did order the brackets and original type hardware for the car .

Listen to the wise words - and - reproduction parts NEVER fit like original GM parts - believe me - I (we) know.  Good luck to ya!!! 

jlazz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 06:56:41 PM »
i understand that i have been doing this a long time and im a dealer mechanic for my entire life . the aftemarket brackets are simple brackets . they are over an inch short . there is a reason . can the afteremarket parts be that far off ? I  say possible.     the center is correct length. does anybody know the correct placement

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 07:27:00 PM »
You might have '68 brackets.
Learning more and more about less and less...

anything